Kara DioGuardi to Become a Mom via Surrogate
Composer and record producer Kara DioGuardi is going to be a mother soon. The former "American Idol" judge is expecting her first child with builder husband Mike McCuddy via a surrogate. The couple has already picked out a name for their unborn baby boy, Greyson James Carroll McCuddy, whom they are expecting to be born within the next few weeks.
DioGuardi has experienced difficulty in getting pregnant since her 2009 marriage to McCuddy, which she revealed via her 2011 memoirs "A Helluva High Note". She admitted to undergoing three unsuccessful rounds of IVF while she was on her judging stint on "Idol" before finally deciding to use a gestational surrogate to bring about the pregnancy.
She eventually left the show, thinking "I wanted a child and there was no way I could get pregnant under the stress of eighteen-hour work days and live TV." She added, "Leaving was painful and there will always be a part of me that wanted to stay. But my desire to be in control of my destiny was larger than my need to be a household name."
DioGuardi has reportedly been making preparations for the arrival of her son Greyson, selling her Studio City, California mansion just before the end of 2012. She first met McCuddy when he was working on the house located next to her property in Maine.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding