Kara DioGuardi to Become a Mom via Surrogate
Composer and record producer Kara DioGuardi is going to be a mother soon. The former "American Idol" judge is expecting her first child with builder husband Mike McCuddy via a surrogate. The couple has already picked out a name for their unborn baby boy, Greyson James Carroll McCuddy, whom they are expecting to be born within the next few weeks.
DioGuardi has experienced difficulty in getting pregnant since her 2009 marriage to McCuddy, which she revealed via her 2011 memoirs "A Helluva High Note". She admitted to undergoing three unsuccessful rounds of IVF while she was on her judging stint on "Idol" before finally deciding to use a gestational surrogate to bring about the pregnancy.
She eventually left the show, thinking "I wanted a child and there was no way I could get pregnant under the stress of eighteen-hour work days and live TV." She added, "Leaving was painful and there will always be a part of me that wanted to stay. But my desire to be in control of my destiny was larger than my need to be a household name."
DioGuardi has reportedly been making preparations for the arrival of her son Greyson, selling her Studio City, California mansion just before the end of 2012. She first met McCuddy when he was working on the house located next to her property in Maine.
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?
- Rihanna to Open 2016 MTV Video Music Awards
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds