Juelz Santana Takes the Blame for Slow-Moving Dipset Reunion Album
After Harlem-based hip-hop group The Diplomats had split up a few years ago due to artistic disagreements, they got back together in 2010 after its founding members, Cam'ron and Jim Jones announced the end of their feud, promising fans a second "Diplomatic Immunity" sequel. However, it's now 2013 and Dipset have yet to release their new album to be produced by rapper/record producer Dr. Dre. Hip-hop recording artist Juelz Santana, who joined the group in 1999, is owning up to the delay.
"The stagnation was me for a minute once we decided to get back," Santana admitted to MTV News, while he was promoting his newly-released "God Will'n" mixtape. "We did the 'Salute' record. We put it out. We linked back up as brothers because more than anything we weren't speaking. A lot of people they were just concerned about the music."
After releasing a new single "Salute" produced by Araabmuzik and going on a small tour that marked their reunion, Dipset which consist of Cam'ron, Jones, Santana, and Freekey Zekey have slowed down in releasing their new album. Santana attributes this to his own delay, coming up with his own music only now, many years after his 2005 sophomore album, "What the Game's Been Missing!".
"I feel like this is one of the major steps, just me getting back working," Santana underlined the importance of his new mixtape to the release of Dipset's "Diplomatic Immunity 3". "We've all agreed that were willing to do it, it's just about getting to that point where we can do it and it be what the people want from it."
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3