Chris Tomlin Gets First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200
Christian rocker Chris Tomlin scores his first no. 1 album in the Billboard charts this week with "Burning Lights", reaching the top of the list with 73,000 records sold, and also topping the Christian Albums chart. Tomlin's debut into the top 10 this week is the biggest sales week for any Christian or gospel act since Casting Crowns' "Come to the Well" debuted at no. 2 back in November 2011 with 99,000.
It is also Tomlin's best sales frame since his 63,000 sales of his "Glory in the Highest: Christmas Songs of Worship" album around Thanksgiving 2010. "Burning Lights" is only the fourth Christian album to ever reach the top of the charts, following "Eye on It", which became the first Christian album in 15 years to reach the no. 1 spot last year.
Also debuting in the top 10 this week is rap rock band Hollywood Undead with their highest-charting album ever, "Notes from the Underground", at no. 2. With 53,000 copies sold, it also becomes the no.1 Rock Album this week.
Dropping to no. 3 this week is last week's no. 1, the "Les Miserables: Highlights" soundtrack, down 44% with 52,000 copies. Also moving down from no. 3 to 4 is Taylor Swift's "Red", down 29% with 49,000 copies.
On the other hand, despite a 13% and 23% drop respectively in its sales this week, the "Pitch Perfect" soundtrack moves up two places to no. 5 from no. 7 with 45,000 while record-breaker Bruno Mars stays still at the sixth spot with the 42,000 copies sold of "Unorthodox Jukebox". Like Mars' set, The Lumineers' self-titled album also sits steadily at the 8th spot with 37,000 despite being down by 28%.
The Black Veil Brides and Dropkick Murphys enter the top 10 this week with their albums, "Wretched and Divine: The Story of the Wild Ones" (42,000) and "Signed and Sealed in Blood" (33,000) respectively. One Direction's "Take Me Home" rounds up the top 10 this week with 29,000, tumbling down from no. 5 to 10 as sales of their album decreased by a whopping 52%.
- Chris Tomlin - "Burning Lights" (73,000)
- Hollywood Undead - "Notes from the Underground" (53,000)
- various artists - "Les Miserables: Highlights" (52,000)
- Taylor Swift - "Red" (49,000)
- various artists - "Pitch Perfect" (45,000)
- Bruno Mars - "Unorthodox Jukebox" (42,000)
- Black Veil Brides - "Wretched and Divine: The Story of the Wild Ones" (42,000)
- The Lumineers - "The Lumineers" (37,000)
- Dropkick Murphys - "Signed and Sealed in Blood" (33,000)
- One Direction - "Take Me Home" (29,000)
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert