Jennifer Lopez Applauds Ben Affleck for His Golden Globe Win, Wants an Oscar for Herself
Jennifer Lopez was among those who were cheering for Ben Affleck at the 2013 Golden Globe Awards. To Ellen DeGeneres, she said she gave him a standing ovation when he was announced as Best Director for his work in "Argo". She gushed, "I was really happy for him."
"It was a great movie," J.Lo sang praise for her ex-fiance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show". "They were really hard on us in the press when we dated back in the day. On movies and things like that. So it was a nice moment. It was nice to see him have that moment."
An actress herself, J.Lo will next be seen starring opposite Jason Statham in crime thriller "Parker" due on January 25. She sets her eyes on Oscar. "I think everybody that has ever taken acting seriously would love to be recognized in that way," she said in a separate chat with Marc Malkin.
Last Sunday, January 13. J.Lo not only shared a room with Affleck but also sat a couple tables away from her other ex P. Diddy. "[It's not awkward], because I see them a lot," she explained, "because we're in the same business. We run in the same circles."
During their time together, J.Lo and Affleck were famously referred to as Bennifer. They played in a movie together, "Gigli", but it was widely panned by critics. It also marked the end of their relationship.
Affleck is now happily married to Jennifer Garner and has three children with her, while J.Lo has twins with ex-husband Marc Anthony and is currently dating dancer Casper Smart, who is 18 years her junior. They came to the Golden Globes with their respective partners.
In a separate interview with PEOPLE, she addressed the age difference, "I ask him, 'Why don't you go find a young girlfriend and get out of here? What do you want with me?' " She added, "The truth is, we don't know what's going to happen. We're loving this moment right now. We make each other happy."
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars