Russell Crowe Calls Zack Snyder's Take on 'Man of Steel' Very 'Complicated and Complex'
Zack Snyder's upcoming "Man of Steel" will feature a complicated take on Superman, according to Russell Crowe. The actor playing the Supes' Kryptonian father, Jor-El, in the June release recently took time to share just how impressive the superhero movie would become.
"It's very complicated, it's very complex," Crowe told Reelz. Of what differs this new Superman to the previous versions, he said, "I don't think anybody has really tried to get into the psychology of what it must be like to be Superman and what people would really respond like in a modern society if somebody like that just popped up."
The Inspector Javert of "Les Miserables" praised Snyder because the filmmaker "was given a great deal of responsibility because when it comes to comic book heroes and superhero films the top of the food chain is Superman." He added, "I think the biggest indicator for me of how it's looking is that the fancier of the film has sent me gushing emails, he just loves it."
Crowe then revealed that the film would take audience to an in-depth trip to Krypton. "I'm really looking foward to seeing it, it's a massive undertaking," he said. "It takes you on the ground to Krypton, it takes you to a planet where the sun is four times larger than ours and you get to experience that stuff."
Gushing on the way Superman flies in the movie, the actor added, "And if you've seen the trailers you realize that this Superman is not just floating through the air held up by a wire, this Superman is super sonic. I'm really looking forward to the way that people will respond to it."
Also starring Starring Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Diane Lane, Kevin Costner, Laurence Fishburne and Christopher Meloni, "Man of Steel" will be released Stateside on June 14, 2013.
- Matt Damon Urging Ben Affleck to Find a New Wife Amid Jennifer Garner Divorce Rumors
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Angelina Jolie May Soon Star in 'Maleficent 2'
- Selena Gomez May Dump The Weeknd After He's Caught Texting Ex Bella Hadid
- BRIT Awards 2017: David Bowie Wins Top Prizes - See the Full Winner List