Ed Sheeran to Record Sophomore Album While on Taylor Swift Tour
After a very successful 2012 for Ed Sheeran as his debut album "+" got him his first-ever Grammy nod for Song of the Year for "The A Team", two Brit Awards nominations, and the big break to tour with country music superstar Taylor Swift, the British singer-songwriter is not resting on his laurels and is already busy working on his next album. However, it won't be released until next year since he'll be busy on the road for Swift's "Red" tour.
"I've got around 26 songs for the next record, and I've got another nine months on the road to keep writing as well, so the record's definitely on his way," Sheeran told Billboard. "I can tell you it will probably come out in February 2014, and I'm gonna be recording and writing it over the whole Taylor tour," which kicks off in Omaha, Nebraska on March 13.
Sheeran is set to go on tour with Swift in support of her latest album "Red". The tour will take them across North America from March until September this year. Being a huge Swift fan himself, he revealed he's excited to be her front act and opening up for the country/pop sensation every night in packed arenas.
"I don't know what's going to happen. I've never really played to crowds that big before, so I'm hoping it goes down well," he said. "The longest I've played in a stadium was six songs at Wembley Stadium for some big radio event. That was mental. So doing that with Taylor night after night is definitely going to be an experience."
More Ed Sheeran News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3