Matthew McConaughey Hides From His Dark Past in First 'Mud' Trailer
A first trailer for Jeff Nichols' new drama "Mud" has been debuted. It sees Matthew McConaughey hiding from his dark past by living in a stranded boat on a tree. One day, two young boys find him and slowly but sure they become friends.
Things get complicated when the kids find out that Mud hides something from his past and the authorities are looking for him. Reese Witherspoon is also featured in the trailer, playing McConaughey's lover. They, however, don't even share a single screen time in the video.
"Mud" is a coming-of-age drama which revolves around two fourteen-year-old boys who encounter a mysterious fugitive hiding out on an island in the Mississippi. Intrigued by this man, they enter into a pact to help him evade capture and reconnect with the love of his life.
Though it is hard for the boys to discern truth from fiction when it comes to Mud, it isn't long until their small Arkansas town is besieged by a beautiful girl with a line of hunters in tow.
Nichols also pens the script apart from working behind the lens. Also supporting the indie film are Michael Shannon, Sam Shepard, Sarah Paulson, Ray McKinnon, Joe Don Baker, Paul Sparks, Tye Sheridan and Stuart Greer. The film will be screened at the upcoming Sundance Film Festival, before having a limited release in selected U.S. cinemas on April 26. Last year, the movie also competed for the Palme d'Or at the Cannes Film Festival.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed