Matthew McConaughey Hides From His Dark Past in First 'Mud' Trailer
A first trailer for Jeff Nichols' new drama "Mud" has been debuted. It sees Matthew McConaughey hiding from his dark past by living in a stranded boat on a tree. One day, two young boys find him and slowly but sure they become friends.
Things get complicated when the kids find out that Mud hides something from his past and the authorities are looking for him. Reese Witherspoon is also featured in the trailer, playing McConaughey's lover. They, however, don't even share a single screen time in the video.
"Mud" is a coming-of-age drama which revolves around two fourteen-year-old boys who encounter a mysterious fugitive hiding out on an island in the Mississippi. Intrigued by this man, they enter into a pact to help him evade capture and reconnect with the love of his life.
Though it is hard for the boys to discern truth from fiction when it comes to Mud, it isn't long until their small Arkansas town is besieged by a beautiful girl with a line of hunters in tow.
Nichols also pens the script apart from working behind the lens. Also supporting the indie film are Michael Shannon, Sam Shepard, Sarah Paulson, Ray McKinnon, Joe Don Baker, Paul Sparks, Tye Sheridan and Stuart Greer. The film will be screened at the upcoming Sundance Film Festival, before having a limited release in selected U.S. cinemas on April 26. Last year, the movie also competed for the Palme d'Or at the Cannes Film Festival.
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell