Jessica Simpson Tried to Get Married Twice, Canceled It Due to Pregnancy
Jessica Simpson cracked jokes about her pregnancy and revealed her wedding cancellations in the process. "We've had two different wedding dates, but he keeps knocking me up," the fiancee of Eric Johnson (II) laughed during a visit to "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno".
The country/pop singer admitted getting pregnant only a few months after giving birth to her first child caught her off guard. "We're doing it very backwards, I know...I'll just keep my legs crossed, I guess, this time," she joked, vowing to make it happen next time she sets a new date.
"Apparently it was a part of God's plan for my life," she exclaimed. "I was extremely shocked...because I was going through a lot of hormonal changes, trying to get back to the old, vibrant Jessica. You know, it was kind of like a one-night stand. And it happened, all over again!"
This time, she's determined to refrain her craving. "I was really happy to be pregnant and I didn't ever step on the scale," she remembered about being pregnant with her baby girl Maxwell. "I didn't realize you could gain that much weight that quickly."
"I didn't really make any healthy good decisions," the 32-year-old admits. Without giving a specific number, the new mom said she felt sure she had gained "a lot more than doctors would recommend," thanks to her craving for "everything in sight."
When the topic shifted into her new sitcom on NBC, Jay Leno couldn't help bringing up the pregnancy. "About a girl who keeps getting pregnant?" he asked when trying to dig info about what the show is about. "Yes," she laughed. "Yes, and how that girl deals with that and everything else...I will be playing myself, which is pretty easy."
On a serious note, the upcoming TV series indeed will be "loosely based" on her life. When quizzed about what it would be called, she's not really into the title "Jessica". "No...We don't have a name yet," she explained. "We're just now in the process of casting everyone, doing the pilot. I will be playing myself but we'll have actors playing Eric and my dad. That'll be funny."
More Jessica Simpson News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris