Jessica Simpson Tried to Get Married Twice, Canceled It Due to Pregnancy
Jessica Simpson cracked jokes about her pregnancy and revealed her wedding cancellations in the process. "We've had two different wedding dates, but he keeps knocking me up," the fiancee of Eric Johnson (II) laughed during a visit to "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno".
The country/pop singer admitted getting pregnant only a few months after giving birth to her first child caught her off guard. "We're doing it very backwards, I know...I'll just keep my legs crossed, I guess, this time," she joked, vowing to make it happen next time she sets a new date.
"Apparently it was a part of God's plan for my life," she exclaimed. "I was extremely shocked...because I was going through a lot of hormonal changes, trying to get back to the old, vibrant Jessica. You know, it was kind of like a one-night stand. And it happened, all over again!"
This time, she's determined to refrain her craving. "I was really happy to be pregnant and I didn't ever step on the scale," she remembered about being pregnant with her baby girl Maxwell. "I didn't realize you could gain that much weight that quickly."
"I didn't really make any healthy good decisions," the 32-year-old admits. Without giving a specific number, the new mom said she felt sure she had gained "a lot more than doctors would recommend," thanks to her craving for "everything in sight."
When the topic shifted into her new sitcom on NBC, Jay Leno couldn't help bringing up the pregnancy. "About a girl who keeps getting pregnant?" he asked when trying to dig info about what the show is about. "Yes," she laughed. "Yes, and how that girl deals with that and everything else...I will be playing myself, which is pretty easy."
On a serious note, the upcoming TV series indeed will be "loosely based" on her life. When quizzed about what it would be called, she's not really into the title "Jessica". "No...We don't have a name yet," she explained. "We're just now in the process of casting everyone, doing the pilot. I will be playing myself but we'll have actors playing Eric and my dad. That'll be funny."
More Jessica Simpson News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics