First Sneak Peek of Oprah Winfrey's Intense Interview With Lance Armstrong
A first look at the much-talked-about Oprah Winfrey's "no-holds-barred interview" with Lance Armstrong has finally been shared. It does not include the rumored confession by the cyclist, but the TV host does stress, "We agreed there would be no conditions on this interview and that this would be an open field."
During the sit-down, Armstrong will address the alleged doping scandal, years of accusations of cheating and charges of lying about the use of performance-enhancing drugs throughout his storied cycling career. It's Armstrong's first interview since the seven-time Tour de France winner was stripped of his titles.
"Just wrapped with @lancearmstrong More than 2 1/2 hours. He came READY," Winfrey tweeted after the interview was taped on Monday, January 14 in Austin, Texas. She later told "CBS This Morning" that the cyclist "did not come clean in the manner [she] expected."
"We were mesmerized and riveted by some of his answers. I feel that he answered the questions in a way that he was ready... He certainly had prepared himself for this moment.... He brought it. He really did," the "Oprah's Next Chapter" host described.
"I would say there were a couple of times where he was emotional. But that doesn't describe the intensity at times," she added. "I would rather people make their own decisions about whether he was contrite or not."
The interview will air as a two-night event, on Thursday, January 17 at 9 P.M. ET/PT and on Friday, January 18 at 9 P.M. ET/PT, on OWN.
More Oprah Winfrey News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3