First Sneak Peek of Oprah Winfrey's Intense Interview With Lance Armstrong
A first look at the much-talked-about Oprah Winfrey's "no-holds-barred interview" with Lance Armstrong has finally been shared. It does not include the rumored confession by the cyclist, but the TV host does stress, "We agreed there would be no conditions on this interview and that this would be an open field."
During the sit-down, Armstrong will address the alleged doping scandal, years of accusations of cheating and charges of lying about the use of performance-enhancing drugs throughout his storied cycling career. It's Armstrong's first interview since the seven-time Tour de France winner was stripped of his titles.
"Just wrapped with @lancearmstrong More than 2 1/2 hours. He came READY," Winfrey tweeted after the interview was taped on Monday, January 14 in Austin, Texas. She later told "CBS This Morning" that the cyclist "did not come clean in the manner [she] expected."
"We were mesmerized and riveted by some of his answers. I feel that he answered the questions in a way that he was ready... He certainly had prepared himself for this moment.... He brought it. He really did," the "Oprah's Next Chapter" host described.
"I would say there were a couple of times where he was emotional. But that doesn't describe the intensity at times," she added. "I would rather people make their own decisions about whether he was contrite or not."
The interview will air as a two-night event, on Thursday, January 17 at 9 P.M. ET/PT and on Friday, January 18 at 9 P.M. ET/PT, on OWN.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!