'Twilight' Star Cam Gigandet Sued Over One-Year-Old Car Accident
Cam Gigandet is facing a legal trouble. The actor well known for playing villainous vampire James in "Twilight" is sued by a woman named Jacqueline Nia, who claims that he rear-ended the car she drove along Santa Monica Boulevard in Los Angeles a year ago.
The plaintiff accuses the actor of hitting her car on January 28, 2012. She suffered injuries, causing her "great physical, mental, and nervous pain, suffering, and anguish." She's seeking unspecified damages and wants compensation to cover her medical expenses and lost wages.
Cam won Best Fight at 2009 MTV Movie Awards through his role as James, sharing the prize with Robert Pattinson. He's also nominated for Best Villain at Scream Awards. A year before, he won MTV Best Fight for his battle scene with Sean Faris in "Never Back Down".
He welcomed a daughter, Everleigh Rae Gigandet, in April 2009 with his girlfriend Dominique Geisendorff. The couple is expected to welcome their second child later this year.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance