'Twilight' Star Cam Gigandet Sued Over One-Year-Old Car Accident
Cam Gigandet is facing a legal trouble. The actor well known for playing villainous vampire James in "Twilight" is sued by a woman named Jacqueline Nia, who claims that he rear-ended the car she drove along Santa Monica Boulevard in Los Angeles a year ago.
The plaintiff accuses the actor of hitting her car on January 28, 2012. She suffered injuries, causing her "great physical, mental, and nervous pain, suffering, and anguish." She's seeking unspecified damages and wants compensation to cover her medical expenses and lost wages.
Cam won Best Fight at 2009 MTV Movie Awards through his role as James, sharing the prize with Robert Pattinson. He's also nominated for Best Villain at Scream Awards. A year before, he won MTV Best Fight for his battle scene with Sean Faris in "Never Back Down".
He welcomed a daughter, Everleigh Rae Gigandet, in April 2009 with his girlfriend Dominique Geisendorff. The couple is expected to welcome their second child later this year.
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris