'Twilight' Star Cam Gigandet Sued Over One-Year-Old Car Accident
Cam Gigandet is facing a legal trouble. The actor well known for playing villainous vampire James in "Twilight" is sued by a woman named Jacqueline Nia, who claims that he rear-ended the car she drove along Santa Monica Boulevard in Los Angeles a year ago.
The plaintiff accuses the actor of hitting her car on January 28, 2012. She suffered injuries, causing her "great physical, mental, and nervous pain, suffering, and anguish." She's seeking unspecified damages and wants compensation to cover her medical expenses and lost wages.
Cam won Best Fight at 2009 MTV Movie Awards through his role as James, sharing the prize with Robert Pattinson. He's also nominated for Best Villain at Scream Awards. A year before, he won MTV Best Fight for his battle scene with Sean Faris in "Never Back Down".
He welcomed a daughter, Everleigh Rae Gigandet, in April 2009 with his girlfriend Dominique Geisendorff. The couple is expected to welcome their second child later this year.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival