'Twilight' Star Cam Gigandet Sued Over One-Year-Old Car Accident
Cam Gigandet is facing a legal trouble. The actor well known for playing villainous vampire James in "Twilight" is sued by a woman named Jacqueline Nia, who claims that he rear-ended the car she drove along Santa Monica Boulevard in Los Angeles a year ago.
The plaintiff accuses the actor of hitting her car on January 28, 2012. She suffered injuries, causing her "great physical, mental, and nervous pain, suffering, and anguish." She's seeking unspecified damages and wants compensation to cover her medical expenses and lost wages.
Cam won Best Fight at 2009 MTV Movie Awards through his role as James, sharing the prize with Robert Pattinson. He's also nominated for Best Villain at Scream Awards. A year before, he won MTV Best Fight for his battle scene with Sean Faris in "Never Back Down".
He welcomed a daughter, Everleigh Rae Gigandet, in April 2009 with his girlfriend Dominique Geisendorff. The couple is expected to welcome their second child later this year.
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik