'Twilight' Star Cam Gigandet Sued Over One-Year-Old Car Accident
Cam Gigandet is facing a legal trouble. The actor well known for playing villainous vampire James in "Twilight" is sued by a woman named Jacqueline Nia, who claims that he rear-ended the car she drove along Santa Monica Boulevard in Los Angeles a year ago.
The plaintiff accuses the actor of hitting her car on January 28, 2012. She suffered injuries, causing her "great physical, mental, and nervous pain, suffering, and anguish." She's seeking unspecified damages and wants compensation to cover her medical expenses and lost wages.
Cam won Best Fight at 2009 MTV Movie Awards through his role as James, sharing the prize with Robert Pattinson. He's also nominated for Best Villain at Scream Awards. A year before, he won MTV Best Fight for his battle scene with Sean Faris in "Never Back Down".
He welcomed a daughter, Everleigh Rae Gigandet, in April 2009 with his girlfriend Dominique Geisendorff. The couple is expected to welcome their second child later this year.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes