'Hot Tub Time Machine' Sequel May Happen Without John Cusack
Will there be a sequel to "Hot Tub Time Machine"? Words are, MGM is currently eyeing a follow-up to the 2010 comedy flick. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the studio is in "exploratory talks" with some of the original cast members about the possible sequel.
Those who are poised to return are Rob Corddry, Craig Robinson and Clark Duke. Corddry is also expected to pen the script with Steve Pink, who directed the first film and is eyed to return to the sequel. As for John Cusack, who led the original movie, he will reportedly not be involved in the upcoming project.
Multiple sources noted that the deal-making is still in the early phase and there's a possibility that it will fail. However, should it finally be sealed, the studio plans to fast track the project. It is also still unclear whether the other original cast members will return or not.
"Hot Tub Time Machine" follows a group of best friends who've become bored with their adult lives. They then traveled back to their 1980s teenage years via a hot tub. The movie was made with the budget of just $36 million and only took in around $50 million at domestic box office. Though so, it became a massive home entertainment hit.
MGM has yet to release any statement regarding the possible sequel project report.
- Jared Leto Spotted Enjoying Lunch Date With Rumored Girlfriend Valery Kaufman
- Braless Bella Thorne Looks Worn Out During Outing With Max Ehrich
- Comic-Con: Thor Trades His Hammer for Gun in New 'Ragnarok' Trailer
- Video: Ezra Miller Kisses a Male Fan on the Mouth at SDCC
- Ellen Page Receives Death Threats on Instagram: I Find Ellen and Kidnap Her and Kill Her Throat
- Artist of the Week: 21 Savage
- Prince William and Prince Harry Regret Last Short Phone Call With Princess Diana
- Linkin Park Pays Tribute to Chester Bennington by Launching Suicide-Prevention Site