'Hot Tub Time Machine' Sequel May Happen Without John Cusack
Will there be a sequel to "Hot Tub Time Machine"? Words are, MGM is currently eyeing a follow-up to the 2010 comedy flick. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the studio is in "exploratory talks" with some of the original cast members about the possible sequel.
Those who are poised to return are Rob Corddry, Craig Robinson and Clark Duke. Corddry is also expected to pen the script with Steve Pink, who directed the first film and is eyed to return to the sequel. As for John Cusack, who led the original movie, he will reportedly not be involved in the upcoming project.
Multiple sources noted that the deal-making is still in the early phase and there's a possibility that it will fail. However, should it finally be sealed, the studio plans to fast track the project. It is also still unclear whether the other original cast members will return or not.
"Hot Tub Time Machine" follows a group of best friends who've become bored with their adult lives. They then traveled back to their 1980s teenage years via a hot tub. The movie was made with the budget of just $36 million and only took in around $50 million at domestic box office. Though so, it became a massive home entertainment hit.
MGM has yet to release any statement regarding the possible sequel project report.
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Report: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Expecting Second Child
- Get a Look at Various Aliens and Creatures in Stunning 'Valerian' Final Trailer
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia
- VIXX's Ken Gets Blasted for Writing Curse Words in Official Video
- 'Supernatural': Mark Sheppard Won't Return as Series Regular in Season 13