'Hot Tub Time Machine' Sequel May Happen Without John Cusack
Will there be a sequel to "Hot Tub Time Machine"? Words are, MGM is currently eyeing a follow-up to the 2010 comedy flick. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the studio is in "exploratory talks" with some of the original cast members about the possible sequel.
Those who are poised to return are Rob Corddry, Craig Robinson and Clark Duke. Corddry is also expected to pen the script with Steve Pink, who directed the first film and is eyed to return to the sequel. As for John Cusack, who led the original movie, he will reportedly not be involved in the upcoming project.
Multiple sources noted that the deal-making is still in the early phase and there's a possibility that it will fail. However, should it finally be sealed, the studio plans to fast track the project. It is also still unclear whether the other original cast members will return or not.
"Hot Tub Time Machine" follows a group of best friends who've become bored with their adult lives. They then traveled back to their 1980s teenage years via a hot tub. The movie was made with the budget of just $36 million and only took in around $50 million at domestic box office. Though so, it became a massive home entertainment hit.
MGM has yet to release any statement regarding the possible sequel project report.
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!