Dave Grohl's All-Star Sound City Players to Perform in L.A.
Even before they actually perform at their special debut in the Sundance Film Festival on January 18 at the Park City Live, Dave Grohl's all-star Sound City Players have already booked their next gig in Los Angeles. They are set to perform at the Hollywood Palladium on January 31, on the same night Grohl's documentary film "Sound City" screens at the nearby Cinerama Dome.
Grohl leads the veritable Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, who will all play tracks from the film as well as some classics. Booked for the LA gig are Fleetwood Mac's Stevie Nicks, "Jessie's Girl" singer Rick Springfield, and rocker John Fogerty.
Top band leaders Lee Ving of Fear, Brad Wilk of Rage Against the Machine, Rick Nielsen of Cheap Trick, and Robert Levon Been and Peter Hayes of Black Rebel Motorcycle Club will also be rocking out the stage. Krist Novoselic and Pat Smear of Nirvana, and Taylor Hawkins, Chris Shiflett and Nate Mendel of Foo Fighters won't be absent as well.
The announcement for Grohl & Co.'s latest gig comes at the same time the first-time filmmaker releases a track off the Sound City soundtrack, "From Can to Can't", his collaboration with Slipknot / Stone Sour frontman Corey Taylor.
"Sound City: From Real to Reel" is set to be released on March 12 and will feature "Cut Me Some Slack", the track performed by Nirvana and Paul McCartney at the 12-12-12 Sandy Benefit. It is also packed with other collaborations, one from Grohl, Nicks, Hawkins and Rami Jaffee, and another featuring Grohl again with Josh Homme, Chris Goss and Alain Johannes.
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'