Lifetime Cancels 'Drop Dead Diva' After Four Seasons
Lifetime has pulled the plug on "Drop Dead Diva". Various sites report that the cable network has decided not to order a fifth season of the Josh Berman-created series, which wrapped up its fourth installment in September 2009.
According to The Hollywood Repoter, Lifetime came up with the decision to cancel the legal drama-comedy series after it approached producer Sony Pictures Television about options to cut the production cost of the expensive show. Despite the cancellation, "Drop Dead Diva" may not be completedly dead as Deadline learns that Sony will shop it to other platforms.
"Drop Dead Diva" has been a solid performer on Lifetime since it premiered in July 2009. The Brooke Elliott-starring series hit its season high with its four season finale, which garnered 2.76 million viewers.
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing
- Listen to The Weeknd and Cashmere Cat's 'Wild Love' Collab
- Robert Zemeckis Developing Noah's Ark in Space for NBC
- Kylie Jenner Flashes Her Bra Like Kendall After Denying Boob Job Rumors
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Put Their Wedding on Hold. Find Out Why!
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win