Lifetime Cancels 'Drop Dead Diva' After Four Seasons
Lifetime has pulled the plug on "Drop Dead Diva". Various sites report that the cable network has decided not to order a fifth season of the Josh Berman-created series, which wrapped up its fourth installment in September 2009.
According to The Hollywood Repoter, Lifetime came up with the decision to cancel the legal drama-comedy series after it approached producer Sony Pictures Television about options to cut the production cost of the expensive show. Despite the cancellation, "Drop Dead Diva" may not be completedly dead as Deadline learns that Sony will shop it to other platforms.
"Drop Dead Diva" has been a solid performer on Lifetime since it premiered in July 2009. The Brooke Elliott-starring series hit its season high with its four season finale, which garnered 2.76 million viewers.
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship