Lifetime Cancels 'Drop Dead Diva' After Four Seasons
Lifetime has pulled the plug on "Drop Dead Diva". Various sites report that the cable network has decided not to order a fifth season of the Josh Berman-created series, which wrapped up its fourth installment in September 2009.
According to The Hollywood Repoter, Lifetime came up with the decision to cancel the legal drama-comedy series after it approached producer Sony Pictures Television about options to cut the production cost of the expensive show. Despite the cancellation, "Drop Dead Diva" may not be completedly dead as Deadline learns that Sony will shop it to other platforms.
"Drop Dead Diva" has been a solid performer on Lifetime since it premiered in July 2009. The Brooke Elliott-starring series hit its season high with its four season finale, which garnered 2.76 million viewers.
- See Black Lightning in Costume in First Look of The CW's New Series
- Kim Kardashian Channels Kris Jenner for a Sexy Photoshoot - Check Out Her Wild Look!
- 'The Mindy Project' Renewed for Sixth and Final Season on Hulu
- Rob Kardashian 'Fears' Blac Chyna Will Come for Him After Calling Out Tyga
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage