Lifetime Cancels 'Drop Dead Diva' After Four Seasons
Lifetime has pulled the plug on "Drop Dead Diva". Various sites report that the cable network has decided not to order a fifth season of the Josh Berman-created series, which wrapped up its fourth installment in September 2009.
According to The Hollywood Repoter, Lifetime came up with the decision to cancel the legal drama-comedy series after it approached producer Sony Pictures Television about options to cut the production cost of the expensive show. Despite the cancellation, "Drop Dead Diva" may not be completedly dead as Deadline learns that Sony will shop it to other platforms.
"Drop Dead Diva" has been a solid performer on Lifetime since it premiered in July 2009. The Brooke Elliott-starring series hit its season high with its four season finale, which garnered 2.76 million viewers.
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert