Lifetime Cancels 'Drop Dead Diva' After Four Seasons
Lifetime has pulled the plug on "Drop Dead Diva". Various sites report that the cable network has decided not to order a fifth season of the Josh Berman-created series, which wrapped up its fourth installment in September 2009.
According to The Hollywood Repoter, Lifetime came up with the decision to cancel the legal drama-comedy series after it approached producer Sony Pictures Television about options to cut the production cost of the expensive show. Despite the cancellation, "Drop Dead Diva" may not be completedly dead as Deadline learns that Sony will shop it to other platforms.
"Drop Dead Diva" has been a solid performer on Lifetime since it premiered in July 2009. The Brooke Elliott-starring series hit its season high with its four season finale, which garnered 2.76 million viewers.
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Report: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Expecting Second Child
- Get a Look at Various Aliens and Creatures in Stunning 'Valerian' Final Trailer
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia
- VIXX's Ken Gets Blasted for Writing Curse Words in Official Video
- 'Supernatural': Mark Sheppard Won't Return as Series Regular in Season 13