Elton John and David Furnish Confirm Arrival of Their Second Son Elijah Joseph
Elton John, 65, and his longtime partner David Furnish, 50, have welcomed a new addition to their family. The baby was born via a surrogate mother Friday, January 11 at 6:40 P.M. in Los Angeles, weighing in at 8lb and 4oz. A day earlier, their representative shot down rumor that their second child had arrived.
The couple names the newborn Elijah Joseph Daniel Furnish-John. "Both of us have longed to have children, but the reality that we now have two sons is almost unbelievable. The birth of our second son completes our family in a most precious and perfect way," they gushed in a statement to Hello! magazine.
They continued, "It is difficult to fully express how we are feeling at this time; we are just overwhelmed with happiness and excitement."
Elijah joins big brother Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John who was born December 2010 in California through surrogacy as well. A mix of Elton and David's sperm was used in fertilization, a process reportedly banned in the U.K.
Zachary, now 2 years old, calls Elton "daddy" and David "papa." The couple picked singer Lady GaGa, magazine editor Ingrid Sischy, and Sichy's partner Sandy Brant as his godmothers.
After tasting how wonderful parenthood is, Elton regretted waiting so long to have a child. "I regret a little bit that I didn't do it sooner, but he [Zachary] has changed our lives. Everything is about him now. He's gorgeous, he travels brilliantly, he so loves people, and it makes our lives - he's the icing on the cake," he once said.
"We definitely will have another one," he added. "I don't want him to be an only child."
More Elton John News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked