Elton John and David Furnish Confirm Arrival of Their Second Son Elijah Joseph
Elton John, 65, and his longtime partner David Furnish, 50, have welcomed a new addition to their family. The baby was born via a surrogate mother Friday, January 11 at 6:40 P.M. in Los Angeles, weighing in at 8lb and 4oz. A day earlier, their representative shot down rumor that their second child had arrived.
The couple names the newborn Elijah Joseph Daniel Furnish-John. "Both of us have longed to have children, but the reality that we now have two sons is almost unbelievable. The birth of our second son completes our family in a most precious and perfect way," they gushed in a statement to Hello! magazine.
They continued, "It is difficult to fully express how we are feeling at this time; we are just overwhelmed with happiness and excitement."
Elijah joins big brother Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John who was born December 2010 in California through surrogacy as well. A mix of Elton and David's sperm was used in fertilization, a process reportedly banned in the U.K.
Zachary, now 2 years old, calls Elton "daddy" and David "papa." The couple picked singer Lady GaGa, magazine editor Ingrid Sischy, and Sichy's partner Sandy Brant as his godmothers.
After tasting how wonderful parenthood is, Elton regretted waiting so long to have a child. "I regret a little bit that I didn't do it sooner, but he [Zachary] has changed our lives. Everything is about him now. He's gorgeous, he travels brilliantly, he so loves people, and it makes our lives - he's the icing on the cake," he once said.
"We definitely will have another one," he added. "I don't want him to be an only child."
More Elton John News
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival
- Blac Chyna Reportedly Dating Kourtney Kardashian's Former Beau Quincy Combs