Elton John and David Furnish Confirm Arrival of Their Second Son Elijah Joseph
Elton John, 65, and his longtime partner David Furnish, 50, have welcomed a new addition to their family. The baby was born via a surrogate mother Friday, January 11 at 6:40 P.M. in Los Angeles, weighing in at 8lb and 4oz. A day earlier, their representative shot down rumor that their second child had arrived.
The couple names the newborn Elijah Joseph Daniel Furnish-John. "Both of us have longed to have children, but the reality that we now have two sons is almost unbelievable. The birth of our second son completes our family in a most precious and perfect way," they gushed in a statement to Hello! magazine.
They continued, "It is difficult to fully express how we are feeling at this time; we are just overwhelmed with happiness and excitement."
Elijah joins big brother Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John who was born December 2010 in California through surrogacy as well. A mix of Elton and David's sperm was used in fertilization, a process reportedly banned in the U.K.
Zachary, now 2 years old, calls Elton "daddy" and David "papa." The couple picked singer Lady GaGa, magazine editor Ingrid Sischy, and Sichy's partner Sandy Brant as his godmothers.
After tasting how wonderful parenthood is, Elton regretted waiting so long to have a child. "I regret a little bit that I didn't do it sooner, but he [Zachary] has changed our lives. Everything is about him now. He's gorgeous, he travels brilliantly, he so loves people, and it makes our lives - he's the icing on the cake," he once said.
"We definitely will have another one," he added. "I don't want him to be an only child."
More Elton John News
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans
- Michael Jackson's Songs Are Reportedly Not Allowed to Be Featured in 'Bubbles'
- The Weeknd Buys $18 Million Luxurious House. Will Selena Gomez Move In?
- Celine Dion and Cher Reportedly Feuding at BBMAs