Metallica's 3D Movie Will Finally Arrive in Theaters in August
Metallica brought good news to their fans on Tuesday, January 15 that their 3D film "Metallica Through The Never" would finally grace the silver screen this year. On their official site, the heavy metal band confirmed that the movie, which was shot in Vancouver in August last year, would come to the U.S. theaters on August 9.
Directed and written by Nimrod Antal, the film will be distributed by independent film marketing and distribution company Picturehouse. The New York-based company, founded by Bob Berney, was the same one behind Oscar-winning "Pan's Labyrinth" and "La Vie en Rose". The movie will mark Picturehouse's first new release after the company was relaunched this year.
Of the Metallica film, Berney said, "[Director] Nim and the band have made a film that really captures the spirit of Metallica and their millions of loyals." He gushed, "It's an entertaining genre film with a concert inside it, a fun ride featuring an exciting young actor, Dane DeHaan. It's a very cool project to reboot Picturehouse with."
The upcoming movie will star Dane DeHaan, who's recently landed a role as Harry Osborn in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2". The young actor will play "a young band crew member who is sent out on an urgent mission while the band is playing a rousing live set in front of a sold-out crowd and unexpectedly finds his world turned completely upside down."
Metallica's drummer Lars Ulrich added in a statement, "Metallica's way of doing things is to jump into unexplored creative endeavors with no safety net whatsoever. Putting this movie together for the last couple of years has been a pretty wild ride, and we've definitely done our share of flying without a net!"
"Bringing Bob and Jeanne and the new Picturehouse team in at this point provides us with a much needed level of security for the distribution of the film. Their spirit of independence and desire to work outside the box is something we can relate to in every way, and this makes them both a welcome addition and a natural fit in the Metallica family."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival