Jessica Simpson Lands Role on NBC's Semi-Autobiographical Comedy
Already a mother to an eight-month-old daughter and currently expecting her second child, Jessica Simpson shows no sign of slowing down with her career. The pregnant actress/singer has signed up to star on a new NBC comedy series.
The fiancee of former NFL star Eric Johnson (II) will play herself on the yet-to-be-titled show, which is inspired by her colorful life. "Fashion Star" executive producer Ben Silverman will co-produce the pilot presentation with Simpson's father Joe and Nick Bakay.
"We are thrilled to team up with the multitalented Jessica Simpson to bring this new sitcom to life on NBC as she is truly a modern-day Lucy with incredible comedic chops," says Silverman. "From running a fashion empire to wrangling her public image as a new mom, we see Jessica's character approach a variety of 'everyday' circumstances that will get audiences laughing out loud."
Simpson also gushes, "I am so excited to work with Ben and NBC again, this time on a scripted comedy. I often find myself thinking that no one could ever make up the things that actually happen in my life, so between the real-life elements and a great team of writers, I think we'll have people laughing."
Bakay, who penned 2009's action comedy film "Paul Blart: Mall Cop", will provide the script for the comedy pilot, which marks Simpson's second attempt in scripted TV show. She previously starred on ABC's pilot "Jessica", but it never saw the light of the day.
Simpson's other acting credits include roles in feature films "Employee of the Month" and "The Dukes of Hazzard", as well as guest appearances on TV series "That '70s Show" and "The Twilight Zone".
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce