'Terminator 2' Star Edward Furlong Charged in Another Domestic Violence Case
Edward Furlong gets into trouble again. The actor best known for starring as John Connor in "Terminator 2: Judgment Day" was charged with two misdemeanor battery on Tuesday, January 15, stemming from his recent arrest for allegedly attacking his girlfriend. A hearing was held in Beverly Hills on the same day, in which he's plead not guilty.
On Sunday, Furlong was arrested by Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputies at 5:45 A.M. reportedly after he shoved his girlfriend, Monica Keena. At the time, the authorities fielded a call of a "boyfriend/girlfriend" distrubance at a 1400 block of Laurel Avenue in West Hollywood residence. The 45-year-old actor was held at Men's Central Jail in exchange of $50,000 bail.
That marked the third time in the last three months Furlong was accused of domestic violence. Prosecutors said that Furlong was also going to be arraigned on a misdemeanor battery charge, which involved the same girlfriend, filed against him on December 21 related to another incident on November 21. A bench warrant was issued for his arrest after he failed to show up for a scheduled hearing.
Furlong's lawyer, Brian Michaels, told E! News that he had contacted Furlong's family regarding the actor's latest run-in with the law. "We are still fact gathering," the attorney explained. "I haven't spoken to him today, but I'm sure he is not doing great. I'm sure he is not a happy camper," he went on saying of Furlong's condition after the arrest.
"This is still a fluid situation," Michales added in another statement. "While Mr. Furlong has a public record of minor run-ins with law enforcement there is absolutely nothing either in my own dealings with him, or in his history to suggest that Mr. Furlong is violent or physically abusive in any way. At this stage in the proceedings, these remain accusations from an unknown accuser."
Back in 2007, Furlong was charged with public intoxication following his arrest at a Kentucky grocery store. Later in 2011, he was arrested again for allegedly violating a restraining order that required him to stay away from his then-wife Rachael Kneeland. Last October, he was taken into custody at LAX for another domestic violence that reportedly took place at the arrivals level of Terminal 2.
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'