Dan Brown to Investigate Dante's Masterpiece in New Novel 'Inferno'
A new adventure from Dan Brown's famous character, Robert Langdon, is about to be revealed soon as the author plans to release his latest book "Inferno". On Tuesday, January 15, the author of bestselling novels "Angels & Demons" and "The Da Vinci Code" announced that he would unleash the latest chapter of the Langdon tale via Doubleday publisher on May 14.
"Although I studied 'Dante's Inferno' as a student, it wasn't until recently, while researching in Florence, that I came to appreciate the enduring influence of Dante's work on the modern world," Brown said of his upcoming work, which plot revolves around the literary masterpiece, "Dante's Inferno".
"With this new novel, I am excited to take readers on a journey deep into this mysterious realm... landscape of codes, symbols, and more than a few secret passageways," the author continued. Doubleday Chairman, Sonny Mehta, added that Brown's "ability to fuse codes with well-researched history has helped to make his novels some of the most popular works of all time."
Brown's first two novels had been adapted into the silver screen with Tom Hanks tackling the role of Langdon. Columbia Pictures owns the rights to adapt all Brown's Langdon series, including the long-gestating big screen take on "The Lost Symbol" as well as the upcoming "Inferno".
Columbia has been working to adapt "The Lost Symbol" for years though director Ron Howard, who helmed the first two movies, exited the project. The last helmer attached to the project was Mark Romanek with Brown himself serving as the screenwriter alongside Danny Strong. The studio reportedly hasn't read "Inferno", which will see Langdon's return to Italy to investigate the Dante classic masterpiece.
Columbia released "The Da Vinci Code" in 2006 to a massive hit as it garnered $758 million worldwide. Its follow-up, "Angels & Demons", however, couldn't best the first chapter and only took in $486 million worldwide in 2009. Meanwhile, L.A. Times reports that the third installment is expected to kick off its pre-production this year as Strong is projected to turn in a draft of the script in the next few weeks.
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones
- Scarlett Johansson Is the Highest-Grossing Actress of All Time
- Real Reason Why Caitlyn Jenner Didn't Attend Khloe Kardashian's Birthday Party Revealed
- Ariel Winter Goes Naked in the Bathtub Days After Breakup
- 'Preacher' Gets Expanded Season 2, '12 Monkeys' Is Renewed for Season 3
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer