Howard Stern Sorry for Calling Lena Dunham 'a Little Fat Girl'
Howard Stern tried to make amends to Lena Dunham days after he grabbed the headlines for bashing the actress. On Monday, January 14 on his Sirius-XM show, the shock jock apologized for his harsh comment, saying, "I felt bad because I really do love the show 'Girls' and enjoy it. And I admire the girl who writes it."
The judge of "America's Got Talent" went on claiming that the media which portrayed him as bashing the Golden Globe-winning actress was "a hatchet job." He added, "So I said to [producer Gary Dell'Abate], would you please contact Lena Dunham and please tell her that I would like to explain myself to her on the air and apologize to her because I do love the show and it makes me feel bad that she is getting the impression that I somehow think she's just a talentless little fat chick."
"It took me a while to get there and all of the sudden I went, 'This show's really really funny. I like it'," Stern further gushed. "I kind of just started liking the show. And I've done a whole 360 [sic] on the show and I really admire the girl who writes it, and I actually like when she comes on camera...I'm a superfan now. I really love it. I almost went to the premiere the other night."
A week before, Stern said of Dunham and her show "Girls", "I learned that this little fat chick writes the show and directs the show, and that makes sense to me because she's such a camera hog that the other characters barely are on." The DJ also called the actress "a little fat girl who kind of looks like Jonah Hill" and likened her nude scenes to "rape."
Responding to the bashing, Dunham said on "Late Show With David Letterman" last Thursday, "I did find out that Howard Stern really hates ['Girls'], which I'm a Howard Stern fan, and I believe he's earned the right to free speech and he should just go for it."
She added, "But he did say something that I thought was so funny that I want to get on my gravestone, where he said, 'Congrats to her, it's so hard for little fat chicks go get anything going these days.' And it put me in the best mood!"
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Walking Dead', 'Westworld', 'Supergirl' Top TV Winners
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Flaunt Couple Rings Amid Rumors He Cheats on Her With 10 Women
- 'Castle Rock' Finds Its Female Lead in Melanie Lynskey
- Kendra Wilkinson Admits to Doing 'FaceTime Sex' With Husband Hank When in Long-Distance Relationship
- 'Big Brother' Season 19 Premiere: Biggest Twist Gets a Houseguest Evicted
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Enjoy Vacation in the Bahamas Amid Divorce
- Shia LaBeouf Flashes His Penis While Peeing at the Beach
- Mila Kunis and Kristen Bell Boozing and Whining in 'Bad Moms Christmas' Red Band Teaser Trailer