Boz Scaggs to Release First Album in Years Next March
On March 5, Boz Scaggs will launch his new album "Memphis" after five years of touring and his stint with The Dukes of September, Donald Fagen and Michael McDonald. The multi-platinum musician comes out with the new album after four decades in the music and entertainment industry.
"It's one of the easiest projects I've ever had. I sang songs that feel entirely comfortable to me," Scaggs reveals. "We recorded the 13 tracks to this record in three days. It just sort of fell out easily in the nicest way."
"Memphis" was recorded at the famed Royal Studios in the city of the same name, with the Willy Deville 1977 original "Mixed Up Shook Up Girl" as the first single off the compilation. Scaggs says that while working on his new album with producer Steve Jordan, the studio and its rich history became very much a part of their recording process.
"That sound is iconic. The sound that comes into that room and the music that came out of the Willie Mitchell reign down there is one of the basic soundtracks of my life," Scaggs recounts. "The aura is so tangible around that studio."
In his new "Memphis" collection, Scaggs covers "Rainy Night in Georgia", "Corinna Corinna" and the carrier single "Mixed Up Shook Up Girl", which the prolific percussionist revealed as one song he had wanted to do for long time.
"That's one that sort of had been running around my head for years, but until I actually sang it, I didn't really know," he said. "But it clicked, it felt like it belonged and it was exciting. It felt new to me."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed