Justin Timberlake Reveals Title for New Album via Open Letter
A day after dropping his new single, the Timbaland-produced "Suit & Tie" featuring rapper Jay-Z, Justin Timberlake announces the title of the new album from which his latest track has been taken. To be called "The 20/20 Experience", his latest studio effort is a compilation he's been working on since June last year and is set for release sometime in 2013.
It will be the 31-year-old singer-actor's third solo album since his boyband NSYNC split up more than ten years ago. It also marks the pop/dance superstar's return to the music scene since his 2006 sophomore studio set, the commercially successful "FutureSex/LoveSounds". In recent years, Timberlake had been busy on his acting career, starring in films such as "The Social Network", "Bad Teacher" and "Friends with Benefits".
JT wrote an open letter to his fans as he revealed the title for his much-anticipated work. He started off by saying that he had a lot of fun in the past three days wherein he first broke news about his return to recording, then dropping his newest single after a seven-year hiatus from making music, and finally revealing his new album and big comeback in 2013.
He went on to reveal that the inspiration for his new work just really came from nowhere and how he enjoyed the process of making music as opposed to being pressed to come up with a hit single or an album. He hoped fans would enjoy listening to it as much as he enjoyed making it.
After enlisting Jay-Z's help in "Suit & Tie", Timberlake, who has collaborated in the past with hip-hop greats Nelly, Timbaland and 50 Cent, might consider new talents like 2 Chainz, A$ap Rocky, Drake and Pusha T for "The 20/20 Experience". A track with the equally-meticulous Kanye West will also surely be something to watch out for.
More Justin Timberlake News
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos