Justin Timberlake Reveals Title for New Album via Open Letter
A day after dropping his new single, the Timbaland-produced "Suit & Tie" featuring rapper Jay-Z, Justin Timberlake announces the title of the new album from which his latest track has been taken. To be called "The 20/20 Experience", his latest studio effort is a compilation he's been working on since June last year and is set for release sometime in 2013.
It will be the 31-year-old singer-actor's third solo album since his boyband NSYNC split up more than ten years ago. It also marks the pop/dance superstar's return to the music scene since his 2006 sophomore studio set, the commercially successful "FutureSex/LoveSounds". In recent years, Timberlake had been busy on his acting career, starring in films such as "The Social Network", "Bad Teacher" and "Friends with Benefits".
JT wrote an open letter to his fans as he revealed the title for his much-anticipated work. He started off by saying that he had a lot of fun in the past three days wherein he first broke news about his return to recording, then dropping his newest single after a seven-year hiatus from making music, and finally revealing his new album and big comeback in 2013.
He went on to reveal that the inspiration for his new work just really came from nowhere and how he enjoyed the process of making music as opposed to being pressed to come up with a hit single or an album. He hoped fans would enjoy listening to it as much as he enjoyed making it.
After enlisting Jay-Z's help in "Suit & Tie", Timberlake, who has collaborated in the past with hip-hop greats Nelly, Timbaland and 50 Cent, might consider new talents like 2 Chainz, A$ap Rocky, Drake and Pusha T for "The 20/20 Experience". A track with the equally-meticulous Kanye West will also surely be something to watch out for.
More Justin Timberlake News
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years
- Rihanna Asks for Help to Find Her Missing Backup Dancer Shirlene Quigley
- Report: Britney Spears Is Filming 'Slumber Party' Music Video
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack