Golden Globes 2013 Posts Biggest Audience in Six Years
The 70th annual Golden Globe Awards has delivered big ratings for NBC. The Sunday, January 13 ceremony hosted by Tina Fey and Amy Poehler lured 19.7 million total viewers, according to Nielsen.
It's up 17% from last year's telecast and marked the biggest audience for the Golden Globes in six years. It's also the second-highest-rated Golden Globes in nine years, placing only behind the 2004 telecast which pulled in 26.8 million viewers.
In the coveted adults 18-49 demo, the show scored a 6.4 rating. It's 28% more than the 2012 show hosted by Ricky Gervais that earned a 5.0 rating.
The combination of Fey and Poehler was probably one of the factors that made the show successful. The two comediennes got positive reviews for their hosting stint as Mary McNamara of LA Times wrote, "Lovely, brilliant and utterly fearless, they made awards-show hosting an art form again, helming three hours of occasionally hilarious, occasionally emotional and surprisingly enjoyable TV."
The Huffington Post's Maureen Ryan commented, "Oh, Amy and Tina. You have to love those dames. Their approach to goofing on the industry was not only effective, it's a brand of sisterhood anyone could get behind."
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series
- One Direction Celebrates Six-Year Anniversary, Thanks Fans for Their Support
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media