Josh Groban to Channel Led Zeppelin in New Album 'All That Echoes'
Last month, Josh Groban unveiled his new single "Brave", the first track off his upcoming album. It follows the release of his fifth studio album entitled "Illuminations" in 2010 and his 81-city "Straight To You" concert tour in 2011 to promote the said album. The pop-rock track, courtesy of super producer Rob Cavallo, headlines Groban's sixth studio set "All That Echoes".
"I was concerned that the music have a little pop or rock edge to it -- whatever world I find myself in, it's just gotten really soft," Groban opens up about his catalog. "This genre can rock a little bit. I'm not saying what I'm doing is Pearl Jam, but it can have the right energy. The intent can be the same."
In "All That Echoes", Groban sounds less of the pop-opera style that he's been known for and embraces a more rocking arrangement in tracks such as "False Alarms", "E Ti Promettero" (a duet with Italian singer Laura Pausini) and its carrier single "Brave". The percussions in his new tracks bring to mind Coldplay and Goo Goo Dolls.
Grobanites will be pleasantly surprised to hear their idol rock out in his new studio set, like in the Dave Matthews Band original "Satellite". Followers may still remember him for his big, theatrical voice, the one that got him his big break as a Grammy Awards rehearsal stand-in for Andrea Bocelli.
The prolific songwriter also co-penned all seven of the album's original tunes, with co-writers including Chantal Kreviazuk ("Brave"), Tawgs Salter ("Brave", "Happy in My Heartache"), Lester Mendez ("False Alarms", "Un Alma Mas"), Walter Afanasieff ("Sincera") and Marco Marinangeli ("E Ti Promettero").
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie