Josh Groban to Channel Led Zeppelin in New Album 'All That Echoes'
Last month, Josh Groban unveiled his new single "Brave", the first track off his upcoming album. It follows the release of his fifth studio album entitled "Illuminations" in 2010 and his 81-city "Straight To You" concert tour in 2011 to promote the said album. The pop-rock track, courtesy of super producer Rob Cavallo, headlines Groban's sixth studio set "All That Echoes".
"I was concerned that the music have a little pop or rock edge to it -- whatever world I find myself in, it's just gotten really soft," Groban opens up about his catalog. "This genre can rock a little bit. I'm not saying what I'm doing is Pearl Jam, but it can have the right energy. The intent can be the same."
In "All That Echoes", Groban sounds less of the pop-opera style that he's been known for and embraces a more rocking arrangement in tracks such as "False Alarms", "E Ti Promettero" (a duet with Italian singer Laura Pausini) and its carrier single "Brave". The percussions in his new tracks bring to mind Coldplay and Goo Goo Dolls.
Grobanites will be pleasantly surprised to hear their idol rock out in his new studio set, like in the Dave Matthews Band original "Satellite". Followers may still remember him for his big, theatrical voice, the one that got him his big break as a Grammy Awards rehearsal stand-in for Andrea Bocelli.
The prolific songwriter also co-penned all seven of the album's original tunes, with co-writers including Chantal Kreviazuk ("Brave"), Tawgs Salter ("Brave", "Happy in My Heartache"), Lester Mendez ("False Alarms", "Un Alma Mas"), Walter Afanasieff ("Sincera") and Marco Marinangeli ("E Ti Promettero").
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date