Josh Groban to Channel Led Zeppelin in New Album 'All That Echoes'
Last month, Josh Groban unveiled his new single "Brave", the first track off his upcoming album. It follows the release of his fifth studio album entitled "Illuminations" in 2010 and his 81-city "Straight To You" concert tour in 2011 to promote the said album. The pop-rock track, courtesy of super producer Rob Cavallo, headlines Groban's sixth studio set "All That Echoes".
"I was concerned that the music have a little pop or rock edge to it -- whatever world I find myself in, it's just gotten really soft," Groban opens up about his catalog. "This genre can rock a little bit. I'm not saying what I'm doing is Pearl Jam, but it can have the right energy. The intent can be the same."
In "All That Echoes", Groban sounds less of the pop-opera style that he's been known for and embraces a more rocking arrangement in tracks such as "False Alarms", "E Ti Promettero" (a duet with Italian singer Laura Pausini) and its carrier single "Brave". The percussions in his new tracks bring to mind Coldplay and Goo Goo Dolls.
Grobanites will be pleasantly surprised to hear their idol rock out in his new studio set, like in the Dave Matthews Band original "Satellite". Followers may still remember him for his big, theatrical voice, the one that got him his big break as a Grammy Awards rehearsal stand-in for Andrea Bocelli.
The prolific songwriter also co-penned all seven of the album's original tunes, with co-writers including Chantal Kreviazuk ("Brave"), Tawgs Salter ("Brave", "Happy in My Heartache"), Lester Mendez ("False Alarms", "Un Alma Mas"), Walter Afanasieff ("Sincera") and Marco Marinangeli ("E Ti Promettero").
More Josh Groban News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance