Artist of the Week: Chris Tomlin
Already having one Platinum-certified album and three Gold-certified sets, Chris Tomlin is looking to score another feat with his latest effort "Burning Lights". The January 8 release is predicted to sell 60,000 to 70,000 copies in its first week and top Billboard 200 in its debut week.
Should the seventh studio installment enter the chart in the first position, it will mark the Christian contemporary music artist's first No. 1 album. His best performance on the chart so far was in 2008, when "Hello Love" peaked at No. 8.
For his latest album, Tomlin decided not to stray too far from his music style. Trying to "keep the songs simple," he also didn't "overdo anything or overproduce anything but keep the songs that need to have some energy to them really fun and keep some of the beauty as well."
His strategy seemed to work as the first single of "Burning Lights", "Whom Shall I Fear (God of Angel Armies)", was well received by his fans. The song, which he co-wrote along with Ed Cash and Scott Cash, already peaked at No. 5 on Hot Christian Songs chart.
Speaking of what people can expect from him in the future, the winner of Best Contemporary Christian Music Album at 2012 Grammy Awards said he would keep making "simple, singable songs that can hopefully find their way into the Church and that really help people to worship God and give them a voice to sing."
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck