Golden Globes 2013: Anne Hathaway Dissed Over Her Wardrobe Malfunction
One of the most-talked-about topics on the stage of the 70th annual Golden Globe Awards Sunday night, January 13 was Anne Hathaway's major wardrobe malfunction at "Les Miserables" premiere last year. Hosts Tina Fey and Amy Poehler as well as presenter Sacha Baron Cohen cracked jokes about her unfortunate moment.
The duo made fun of Anne during the monologue. Tina first sang praised to the Catwoman of "The Dark Knight Rises" as saying, "Anne, you gave a stunning performance in 'Les Miserables'. I have not seen someone so totally alone and abandoned like that since you were on stage with James Franco at the Oscars."
The "30 Rock" star then talked about how the camera was so close to Anne's face when she sang "I Dreamed a Dream". When she said Anne actually found it difficult to sing with a camera being close, Amy quipped, "Well, she'll never make it in porn." She then answered, "I don't think she has plans to do porn, Amy," to which her co-host replied, "None of us have plans to do porn, Tina."
Although the two hosts, who once shared screen in "Mean Girls", didn't mention anything about Anne's mishap, people quickly linked it to the incident outside the Ziegfeld Theatre in New York. Wearing no underwear under her daring black dress that had thigh-high slit, she revealed more than she intended to when stepping out of her limousine.
Later on the star-studded Golden Globes, Anne was poked fun at once again by "Bruno" actor Sacha when he took the stage to present Best Animated Feature. "Now let me pull back the curtain and I don't mean an up-skirt of Anne Hathaway's dress," he said. Although the joke seemed to be a bit harsh, she just sat among the crowd smiling and blushing.
Anne herself has reacted to the embarrassing incident. "It was obviously an unfortunate incident," she said last December. "It kind of made me sad on two accounts. One, that I was very sad that we live in an age when someone takes a picture of another person in a vulnerable moment and rather than delete it, and do the decent thing, sells it."
For the Golden Globes, Anne rocked a strapless Chanel dress that complimented her slim figure. The pixie-haired beauty was nominated for Best Supporting Actress through her role as prostitute Fantine in the musical film, and she won it. She beat Amy Adams, Sally Field, Helen Hunt and Nicole Kidman.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!