Golden Globes 2013: Ben Affleck Wins Best Director Despite Oscar Snub
"Argo" picked up its first prize as Ben Affleck successfully won the Best Director trophy at the 2013 Golden Globe Awards. This was a big victory for Affleck for he was snubbed from Best Director category by the Academy Awards.
Affleck defeated Kathryn Bigelow ("Zero Dark Thirty (2012)"), Ang Lee ("Life of Pi"), Steven Spielberg ("Lincoln") and Quentin Tarantino ("Django Unchained") for the prize.
Everyone was happy as Halle Berry presented the award to Affleck. "Look, I don't care what the award is, when they put your name next to the names she just read off, it's an extraordinary moment in your life," Affleck humbly said, while using a BlackBerry for his acceptance speech.
Josh Brolin later brought a clip from "Moonrise Kingdom", while Christian Bale introduced footage of "Silver Linings Playbook". Next, Hugh Jackman took the award for Best Actor in Comedy or Musical thanks to his role as Jean Valjean in "Les Miserables".
Affleck's wife, Jennifer Garner, delivered the award to Jackman. Previously, Affleck stirred a little frenzy as he failed to thank Garner during his acceptance speech when winning the Best Director gong.
The full winners in movie at the ongoing Golden Globes are about to be revealed soon. The show is currently held at Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler serving as the hosts.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic