Golden Globes 2013: Ben Affleck Wins Best Director Despite Oscar Snub
"Argo" picked up its first prize as Ben Affleck successfully won the Best Director trophy at the 2013 Golden Globe Awards. This was a big victory for Affleck for he was snubbed from Best Director category by the Academy Awards.
Affleck defeated Kathryn Bigelow ("Zero Dark Thirty (2012)"), Ang Lee ("Life of Pi"), Steven Spielberg ("Lincoln") and Quentin Tarantino ("Django Unchained") for the prize.
Everyone was happy as Halle Berry presented the award to Affleck. "Look, I don't care what the award is, when they put your name next to the names she just read off, it's an extraordinary moment in your life," Affleck humbly said, while using a BlackBerry for his acceptance speech.
Josh Brolin later brought a clip from "Moonrise Kingdom", while Christian Bale introduced footage of "Silver Linings Playbook". Next, Hugh Jackman took the award for Best Actor in Comedy or Musical thanks to his role as Jean Valjean in "Les Miserables".
Affleck's wife, Jennifer Garner, delivered the award to Jackman. Previously, Affleck stirred a little frenzy as he failed to thank Garner during his acceptance speech when winning the Best Director gong.
The full winners in movie at the ongoing Golden Globes are about to be revealed soon. The show is currently held at Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler serving as the hosts.
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder
- Drake's 'More Life' Dethrones Ed Sheeran's 'Divide' on Billboard 200
- 'The Walking Dead' Season Finale Sneak Peeks Tease Betrayal and the Big War
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Debuts First Official Logo
- Katy Perry and Ryan Phillippe Spotted Flirting During Elton John's Birthday Party