Golden Globes 2013: Ben Affleck Wins Best Director Despite Oscar Snub
"Argo" picked up its first prize as Ben Affleck successfully won the Best Director trophy at the 2013 Golden Globe Awards. This was a big victory for Affleck for he was snubbed from Best Director category by the Academy Awards.
Affleck defeated Kathryn Bigelow ("Zero Dark Thirty (2012)"), Ang Lee ("Life of Pi"), Steven Spielberg ("Lincoln") and Quentin Tarantino ("Django Unchained") for the prize.
Everyone was happy as Halle Berry presented the award to Affleck. "Look, I don't care what the award is, when they put your name next to the names she just read off, it's an extraordinary moment in your life," Affleck humbly said, while using a BlackBerry for his acceptance speech.
Josh Brolin later brought a clip from "Moonrise Kingdom", while Christian Bale introduced footage of "Silver Linings Playbook". Next, Hugh Jackman took the award for Best Actor in Comedy or Musical thanks to his role as Jean Valjean in "Les Miserables".
Affleck's wife, Jennifer Garner, delivered the award to Jackman. Previously, Affleck stirred a little frenzy as he failed to thank Garner during his acceptance speech when winning the Best Director gong.
The full winners in movie at the ongoing Golden Globes are about to be revealed soon. The show is currently held at Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler serving as the hosts.
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans
- Stephen Amell and Will Arnett Joke About Making an 'Arrow' Feature Film
- Liam Hemsworth Admits His 2013 Split From Miley Cyrus 'Was Hard'
- Madonna Throws Shade at BET for Diss Over Her BBMA Tribute to Prince