Grammys Reveals Documentary on Whitney Houston Tribute and Courting Rolling Stones for 2013 Show
The Recording Academy announced an upcoming one-hour special that would highlight the making of last-minute tribute to the late Whitney Houston at last year's awards ceremony. The documentary will be aired on CBS a day before the big Grammys ceremony set for February 10.
The 2012 Grammy Awards gave CBS its best ratings in nearly 30 years when nearly 40 million viewers tuned in to see how the death of the Grammy Award-winning singer/performer would be addressed after only a day-notice following her sudden death.
Houston, considered as the most awarded female act of all-time by Guinness, was found unconscious and submerged in a bathtub in a nearby Beverly Hilton Hotel suite and was later pronounced dead, February of last year. She was even supposed to make an appearance in the Grammys show the next day.
The Grammys also confirmed that they're courting The Rolling Stones to join the February show, following rumors that the legendary English rock band might perform in this year's event. "We have reached out to the Stones," said Recording Academy president Neil Portnow, "I have no response to that question though."
The Rolling Stones have recently successfully staged five sold-out shows of their "50 and Counting" concert tour which played in London, Brooklyn and New Jersey to celebrate their 50th anniversary in the music business.
The legendary rock band also performed at the 12-12-12 benefit concert with other entertainment icons at the Madison Square Garden in New York to raise funds for victims of hurricane Sandy. They might also headline this year's Coachella Festival at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, California in April.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic