Grammys Reveals Documentary on Whitney Houston Tribute and Courting Rolling Stones for 2013 Show
The Recording Academy announced an upcoming one-hour special that would highlight the making of last-minute tribute to the late Whitney Houston at last year's awards ceremony. The documentary will be aired on CBS a day before the big Grammys ceremony set for February 10.
The 2012 Grammy Awards gave CBS its best ratings in nearly 30 years when nearly 40 million viewers tuned in to see how the death of the Grammy Award-winning singer/performer would be addressed after only a day-notice following her sudden death.
Houston, considered as the most awarded female act of all-time by Guinness, was found unconscious and submerged in a bathtub in a nearby Beverly Hilton Hotel suite and was later pronounced dead, February of last year. She was even supposed to make an appearance in the Grammys show the next day.
The Grammys also confirmed that they're courting The Rolling Stones to join the February show, following rumors that the legendary English rock band might perform in this year's event. "We have reached out to the Stones," said Recording Academy president Neil Portnow, "I have no response to that question though."
The Rolling Stones have recently successfully staged five sold-out shows of their "50 and Counting" concert tour which played in London, Brooklyn and New Jersey to celebrate their 50th anniversary in the music business.
The legendary rock band also performed at the 12-12-12 benefit concert with other entertainment icons at the Madison Square Garden in New York to raise funds for victims of hurricane Sandy. They might also headline this year's Coachella Festival at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, California in April.
More Whitney Houston News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival