Golden Globes 2013: Lena Dunham Is Best Comedy Series Actress
Lena Dunham was another actress whose performance got acknowledged at the 70th annual Golden Globe Awards. Making her breakthrough via indie movie "Tiny Furniture" in 2010, she won her first Golden Globe kudo through her television stint on "Girls".
The Hannah Horvath of the HBO series, which she created, nabbed the Best Performance by an Actress in a TV Series, Comedy or Musical prize. She edged out strong competitors including Julia Louis-Dreyfus ("Veep"), Tina Fey ("30 Rock") and Amy Poehler ("Parks and Recreation").
"This award is for everyone who's every felt like there wasn't a space for her," said Dunham upon receiving her prize. She humbly added, "This show has made a space for me."
There's only one winner in TV field left to be announced at the 2013 Golden Globe Awards, which is the Best TV Series, Comedy or Musical. Fey and Poehler are hosting the event at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers