Golden Globes 2013: Lena Dunham Is Best Comedy Series Actress
Lena Dunham was another actress whose performance got acknowledged at the 70th annual Golden Globe Awards. Making her breakthrough via indie movie "Tiny Furniture" in 2010, she won her first Golden Globe kudo through her television stint on "Girls".
The Hannah Horvath of the HBO series, which she created, nabbed the Best Performance by an Actress in a TV Series, Comedy or Musical prize. She edged out strong competitors including Julia Louis-Dreyfus ("Veep"), Tina Fey ("30 Rock") and Amy Poehler ("Parks and Recreation").
"This award is for everyone who's every felt like there wasn't a space for her," said Dunham upon receiving her prize. She humbly added, "This show has made a space for me."
There's only one winner in TV field left to be announced at the 2013 Golden Globe Awards, which is the Best TV Series, Comedy or Musical. Fey and Poehler are hosting the event at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival