Golden Globes 2013: Lena Dunham Is Best Comedy Series Actress
Lena Dunham was another actress whose performance got acknowledged at the 70th annual Golden Globe Awards. Making her breakthrough via indie movie "Tiny Furniture" in 2010, she won her first Golden Globe kudo through her television stint on "Girls".
The Hannah Horvath of the HBO series, which she created, nabbed the Best Performance by an Actress in a TV Series, Comedy or Musical prize. She edged out strong competitors including Julia Louis-Dreyfus ("Veep"), Tina Fey ("30 Rock") and Amy Poehler ("Parks and Recreation").
"This award is for everyone who's every felt like there wasn't a space for her," said Dunham upon receiving her prize. She humbly added, "This show has made a space for me."
There's only one winner in TV field left to be announced at the 2013 Golden Globe Awards, which is the Best TV Series, Comedy or Musical. Fey and Poehler are hosting the event at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills.
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'