Golden Globes 2013: Lena Dunham Is Best Comedy Series Actress
Lena Dunham was another actress whose performance got acknowledged at the 70th annual Golden Globe Awards. Making her breakthrough via indie movie "Tiny Furniture" in 2010, she won her first Golden Globe kudo through her television stint on "Girls".
The Hannah Horvath of the HBO series, which she created, nabbed the Best Performance by an Actress in a TV Series, Comedy or Musical prize. She edged out strong competitors including Julia Louis-Dreyfus ("Veep"), Tina Fey ("30 Rock") and Amy Poehler ("Parks and Recreation").
"This award is for everyone who's every felt like there wasn't a space for her," said Dunham upon receiving her prize. She humbly added, "This show has made a space for me."
There's only one winner in TV field left to be announced at the 2013 Golden Globe Awards, which is the Best TV Series, Comedy or Musical. Fey and Poehler are hosting the event at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season