Golden Globes 2013: Lena Dunham Is Best Comedy Series Actress
Lena Dunham was another actress whose performance got acknowledged at the 70th annual Golden Globe Awards. Making her breakthrough via indie movie "Tiny Furniture" in 2010, she won her first Golden Globe kudo through her television stint on "Girls".
The Hannah Horvath of the HBO series, which she created, nabbed the Best Performance by an Actress in a TV Series, Comedy or Musical prize. She edged out strong competitors including Julia Louis-Dreyfus ("Veep"), Tina Fey ("30 Rock") and Amy Poehler ("Parks and Recreation").
"This award is for everyone who's every felt like there wasn't a space for her," said Dunham upon receiving her prize. She humbly added, "This show has made a space for me."
There's only one winner in TV field left to be announced at the 2013 Golden Globe Awards, which is the Best TV Series, Comedy or Musical. Fey and Poehler are hosting the event at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch