Golden Globes 2013: Kevin Costner and Claire Danes Win TV Acting Prizes
Following Damian Lewis' win for the Best Performance by an Actor in a TV Series - Drama, his co-star Claire Danes had her own victorious moment at the 2013 Golden Globe Awards. Before that, Kevin Costner, Ed Harris and Don Cheadle took the stage of the Sunday, January 13 event to receive an acting prize each.
Costner was chosen as the best actor in a TV movie or miniseries, thanks to his role as William Anderson "Devil Anse" Hatfield on "Hatfields & McCoys". "It has been a great ride," he said after receiving the award from Jessica Alba and Kiefer Sutherland.
John Krasinski and the pregnant Kristen Bell later announced Harris as the Best Supporting Actor in a TV series, miniseries or movie winner, but the John McCain depicter in "Game Change" wasn't present at the event. Beating out Mandy Patinkin of "Homeland" and Eric Stonestreet of "Modern Family" among others, he presented the third win for the HBO movie that night.
The political drama had earlier won the Best Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television award and Best Performance by an Actress in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television kudo (Julianne Moore).
Cheadle later showed up on stage as he was named Best Actor in a Television Series - Comedy or Musical. "Wow this is unexpected. It sounds like a cliche but you really don't expect these moments to happen," said the House of Lies" star on his acceptance speech.
"Homeland" lead actress Danes later took home the coveted Best Performance by an actress in a TV series - Drama. "I'm very proud to be working in this medium in this moment," said the 33-year-old beauty, who also won the same award last year. She has collected four Golden Globe Awards in total since her first win at 15 years old.
Danes' win also marked the third victory for "Homeland" that night. The Showtime series already bagged Best Television Series - Drama award and Best Performance by an Actor in a TV Series - Drama award (Lewis).
The 70th annual Golden Globe Awards is still underway at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills. Hosted by Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, it will hand out more prizes for the best achievements in TV and movie.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna