Golden Globes 2013: 'Homeland' and 'Game Change' Already Win Two
As soon as the 70th annual Golden Globe Awards was kicked off on Sunday, January 13, "Game Change" and "Homeland" claimed victories. Taking the first award handed out in TV field that night, however, was Maggie Smith of "Downton Abbey".
The British actress snatched the Best Supporting Actress in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television gong, thanks to her role as Violet Crawley on the period drama series. The veteran actress, however, wasn't present to collect her award.
"Game Change" was later dubbed the Best Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television. It beat out "The Girl", "Hatfields & McCoys", "The Hour" and "Political Animals".
The HBO movie had its second win through Julianne Moore's Best Performance by an Actress in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television kudo. The Sarah Palin depicter edged out strong contenders Nicole Kidman ("Hemingway & Gellhorn"), Jessica Lange ("American Horror Story"), Sienna Miller ("The Girl") and Sigourney Weaver ("Political Animals").
"Homeland" snatched the coveted Best Television Series - Drama award and Best Performance by an Actor in a TV Series - Drama award, the latter of which was presented to Damian Lewis. Receiving the prize from Salma Hayek and Paul Rudd, the Emmy-winning actor dedicated the award to his mom who's "bursting with pride."
The 2013 Golden Globe Awards is currently taking place at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills. Hosted by Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, it will hand out more prizes for the best achievements in TV and movie.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special