Golden Globes 2013: 'Homeland' and 'Game Change' Already Win Two
As soon as the 70th annual Golden Globe Awards was kicked off on Sunday, January 13, "Game Change" and "Homeland" claimed victories. Taking the first award handed out in TV field that night, however, was Maggie Smith of "Downton Abbey".
The British actress snatched the Best Supporting Actress in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television gong, thanks to her role as Violet Crawley on the period drama series. The veteran actress, however, wasn't present to collect her award.
"Game Change" was later dubbed the Best Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television. It beat out "The Girl", "Hatfields & McCoys", "The Hour" and "Political Animals".
The HBO movie had its second win through Julianne Moore's Best Performance by an Actress in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television kudo. The Sarah Palin depicter edged out strong contenders Nicole Kidman ("Hemingway & Gellhorn"), Jessica Lange ("American Horror Story"), Sienna Miller ("The Girl") and Sigourney Weaver ("Political Animals").
"Homeland" snatched the coveted Best Television Series - Drama award and Best Performance by an Actor in a TV Series - Drama award, the latter of which was presented to Damian Lewis. Receiving the prize from Salma Hayek and Paul Rudd, the Emmy-winning actor dedicated the award to his mom who's "bursting with pride."
The 2013 Golden Globe Awards is currently taking place at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills. Hosted by Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, it will hand out more prizes for the best achievements in TV and movie.
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!