Regis Philbin Considers Returning to 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' After Meredith Vieira Leaves
Regis Philbin considers returning to "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" after learning about Meredith Vieira's exit. "Maybe. I'd have to think about it," the former co-host of Kelly Ripa tells NYPost when asked if he'd like to be back on the quiz show.
Looking back at his days on the show, he said, "Back then, it took a lot longer to tape the show. The computers [that selected questions and tabulated results] would go out all the time and they had to stop while they fix it. I told them back then: 'No, I can't do it anymore.' "
Meredith has been hosting the syndicated version of the game show since 2002. "It's the final year of Meredith's contract. She has chosen to move on and pursue other opportunities. We are searching for a new host," said a rep for Disney/ABC television.
The 59-year-old TV presenter reportedly has finished taping the show for the rest episodes of the season last November and will continue serving as the host through May. The network will air reruns during the summer while they're looking for a replacement.
"That's a total surprise," Regis says of Meredith's exit, referring to her 11 years of hosting the show. "I thought she loved doing the show." The ex-host of "Live! With Regis and Kelly" himself last hosted the game show in 2009.
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event