Regis Philbin Considers Returning to 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' After Meredith Vieira Leaves
Regis Philbin considers returning to "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" after learning about Meredith Vieira's exit. "Maybe. I'd have to think about it," the former co-host of Kelly Ripa tells NYPost when asked if he'd like to be back on the quiz show.
Looking back at his days on the show, he said, "Back then, it took a lot longer to tape the show. The computers [that selected questions and tabulated results] would go out all the time and they had to stop while they fix it. I told them back then: 'No, I can't do it anymore.' "
Meredith has been hosting the syndicated version of the game show since 2002. "It's the final year of Meredith's contract. She has chosen to move on and pursue other opportunities. We are searching for a new host," said a rep for Disney/ABC television.
The 59-year-old TV presenter reportedly has finished taping the show for the rest episodes of the season last November and will continue serving as the host through May. The network will air reruns during the summer while they're looking for a replacement.
"That's a total surprise," Regis says of Meredith's exit, referring to her 11 years of hosting the show. "I thought she loved doing the show." The ex-host of "Live! With Regis and Kelly" himself last hosted the game show in 2009.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy