Lady GaGa Answers Sharon Osbourne's Backlash Over Her Open Letter to Kelly Osbourne
Lady GaGa has justified her open letter to Kelly Osbourne after Sharon Osbourne lashed out at her for going public with her criticism towards the "Fashion Police" star. The Mother Monster took to Twitter to respond to the Osbourne matriarch.
"The 'real world' can be cruel, why not try to change it into a better place? I am an activist. Nobody takes adolescents seriously, I do," so she explained. "My letter to @MissKellyO was open, because her statements on cyber-bulling were public & as a youth activist I'm compelled to be involved."
GaGa angered Sharon after slamming Kelly on her LittleMonsters website, "Your show breeds negativity, and over the years has even become comedic in nature. It glorifies you and Joan Rivers pointing in the camera, laughing, and making jokes about artists and celebrities as if we are zoo animals."
"It used to make me truly sad when I would hear people talk about your weight when you were younger, as I was bullied too. To see you blossoming into a beautiful slender woman who makes fun of others for a living is astounding. Why not help others?"
Sharon fired back, "How sweet that you have empathy for my daughter, as you feel that she has taken a less passionate path in life. You say her work on E! with the Fashion Police is 'rooted in criticism, judgment, and rating people's beauty against one another.' Welcome to the real world."
Kelly herself opened up earlier this month about falling victim to cyber-bullying from Little Monsters. "Lady Gaga's fans are the worst," she said in an interview. "They've said I should kill myself, that they hope I get raped. I mean it's crazy but I've had this all my life and I just try and ignore it."
More Lady GaGa News
- 'Saturday Night Live' Taps Kristen Stewart as the Next Host
- Armie Hammer Responds to 'Green Lantern Corps' Rumor
- Big Sean Performs 'Bounce Back', Premieres 'Sunday Morning Jetpack' on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Louis Tomlinson Reunites With Briana Jungwirth to Celebrate Their Son's 1st Birthday
- Luke Bryan to Sing National Anthem at Super Bowl
- 'Veronica Mars' Boss Hints at Potential Revival
- Artist of the Week: Kehlani
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington