Britney Spears and Jason Trawick Grew Apart Because They Wanted 'Different Things'
Reason behind Britney Spears' separation from Jason Trawick may have been revealed. According PEOPLE, the couple who began dating in 2009 made a "difficult decision" to part ways because they both wanted "different things."
"There was no third party involved," claims a source close to the couple. "Things haven't been ideal in their relationship for some time. There was a lot to work on before they could move forward and get married."
"Britney had a lot of issues with Jason doing his own thing - in business and seeing his friends," another insider elaborates. "In her perfect world he would have been home with her twenty-four/seven, so that was a point of contention; something they were always working on."
They seemed to always put a united front together, but "they've been spending a lot of time apart in the last few months." Although they grew apart, the source says, "They both seemed happy. Especially Britney, I could tell that she was in a really great place. She smiled a lot. They were both really at ease with the boys."
Britney and Jason got in engaged in December 2011. They ended their professional relationship to focus on their personal relationship. Jason was later approved by a judge to become Britney's co-conservator but was subsequently removed as her co-conservator after the breakup, restoring her dad Jamie Lynn Spears as her sole conservator.
The couple split just a few weeks after his 41st birthday, during which they exchanged sweet messages on Twitter. The "Hold It Against Me" hitmaker spent a quiet New Year's Eve with her children Sean and Jayden as tweeting, "Spending a quiet New Years Eve in with my boys and little miss @hannahspears. Let's hear some interesting resolutions for 2013?"
After the split news broke out, she said in a statement, "Jason and I have decided to call off our engagement. I'll always adore him and we will remain great friends." He added, "As this chapter ends for us a new one begins. I love and cherish her and her boys and we will be close forever."
On Twitter, Jason had been tweeting about focusing on work and spending time with family, "I'm still alive. Been traveling to c family in ny and friends in Miami for the BSC bowl. Hope u are all well." After the breakup announcement, he added, "Thanks for all your kind words. You guys/girls are wonderful. I truly appreciate it."
More Britney Spears News
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes