CBS Boss Wants Angus T. Jones Back for 'Two and a Half Men' Season 11
CBS is not angry about Angus T. Jones' backlash over "Two and Half Men", especially after he had apologized for his rant. In fact, the network's boss Nina Tassler said that CBS and Warner Bros. were keen to bring him back should the show be renewed for eleventh season.
"We've told Warner Bros. we'd like to have an eleventh season, and they're equally interested," Nina recently spilled on stage during a panel at Television Critics Association in Pasadena, California. She added, "So stay tuned," hinting that updates would be given soon.
Regarding Angus' fate on the show after he labeled the show "filth," she stated, "We'd like him to be part of it next year he'd like it to be. I think he'd like to come back too. [Creator] Chuck [Lorre] would too... He's made his public apology, we've moved on."
After the session, Nina continued to defend the young actor, "The kid is 19 years old. I've got a 24-year-old. Between the ages of 19 and 24, there's been plenty of things my kid has said that I wish he hadn't. The bottom line is cooler heads prevailed."
"He's been a beloved member of that cast for years and years and years and he issued a public apology. At the end of the day, they want him back and he wants to come back. He's tabling next week and that's it and we move on," she added. "We had a little bit of a glitch, but what else is new?"
When asked if the show will go beyond 11 season, Nina played it coy. "We have such a crazy success story in terms of our long-running shows, who knows," she said. "We'll see." Regarding the return of its main cast Ashton Kutcher and Jon Cryer, both haven't been signed on for the eleventh cycle, much less the 12th.
Angus plays Jon's on-screen son Jake Harper and has been an integral part of the show since it aired in 2003 with Charlie Sheen as the male lead. He shocked many with his testimony about the show, "If you watch 'Two and a Half Men', please stop watching 'Two and a Half Men'. I'm on 'Two and a Half Men' and I don't want to be on it. Please stop watching it and filling your head with filth."
He later issued a public apology, "I apologize if my remarks reflect me showing indifference to and disrespect of my colleagues and a lack of appreciation of the extraordinary opportunity of which I have been blessed. I never intended that."
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard