Britney Spears Gives Back Engagement Ring to Jason Trawick
Remember the big rock Britney Spears proudly flashed to paparazzi a little over a year ago after getting engaged to Jason Trawick? According to a report by TMZ, the Southern Belle has returned the ring to the talent agent after they called off their engagement following the end of "The X Factor" second season where she served as one of the judges.
Britney, 31, and Jason got in engaged in December 2011. She flaunted her new custom Neil Lane-designed sparkler, worth of $90,000, when celebrating his 40th birthday in Las Vegas. "Tonight was one of the most magical nights of my life. Such an amazing time with my new fianc√�¬© and our closest friends and family," she gushed back then.
They ended their professional relationship to focus on their personal relationship. Jason was later approved by a judge to become Britney's co-conservator but was subsequently removed as her co-conservator after the breakup, restoring her dad Jamie Lynn Spears as her sole conservator. The father has handled her personal and financial affairs since her infamous meltdown in 2008.
The couple split just a few weeks after his 41st birthday, during which they exchanged sweet messages on Twitter. The "Hold It Against Me" hitmaker, however, spent a quiet New Year's Eve with her children Sean and Jayden as tweeting, "Spending a quiet New Years Eve in with my boys and little miss @hannahspears. Let's hear some interesting resolutions for 2013?"
After the split news broke out, she said in a statement, "Jason and I have decided to call off our engagement. I'll always adore him and we will remain great friends." He added, "As this chapter ends for us a new one begins. I love and cherish her and her boys and we will be close forever."
On Twitter, Jason has been tweeting about focusing on work and spending time with family, "I'm still alive. Been traveling to c family in ny and friends in Miami for the BSC bowl. Hope u are all well." After the breakup announcement, he adds, "Thanks for all your kind words. You guys/girls are wonderful. I truly appreciate it."
More Britney Spears News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart