Taylor Swift Appears in First Grammy Promo
The Grammys are spot on as they choose to feature young superstar Taylor Swift for its first promo clip with the theme "inspiring the next generation of music virtuosos and legends." The one-minute clip also features rapper Nas and Snoop Dogg, who now goes by the name Snoop Lion after he ventured into reggae music. Indie favorites DJ Gaslamp Killer and British songstress Lianne La Havas also appear in the short clip.
"The world is waiting for someone," funk musician Bootsy Collins says in voice-over. "The next superstar. The next virtuoso. The next legend." The clip opens with a young girl playing a piano then goes on to show aspiring musicians - across a number of genres - working on their craft and pursuing their dreams of becoming the next big star.
Entitled "#TheWorldIsListening", the promo clip is the first in ad campaign by the Recording Academy to promote the upcoming Grammy Awards ceremony on February 10. The ad campaign will feature both established and up-and-coming artists who will appear in three other different commercials, like Rihanna who will star in "Slammed Door". The Kills, Snoop Lion and Swift join emerging artists Grace Potter, Kishi Bashi and Dam-Funk for the second commercial while The Black Keys are set to star in the third and final commercial "Soundcheck".
Both Taylor Swift and Rihanna will take the Grammy stage together with Mumford & Sons and The Black Keys. Indie rock band Fun., newcomers to the annual music awards are also slated to perform.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked