Frank Ocean Drops 'Pink Matter' Remix Ft. Andre 300 and Big Boi
Frank Ocean's remix of "Pink Matter" featuring Andre Benjamin a.k.a Andre 3000 with a new verse by Big Boi premiered on Elliot Wilson's East Village Radio show "Keep It Thoro". Big Boi first revealed news about the collaboration on his Tumblr account when he posted a snapshot of the song's lyrics, hinting that he was writing a new verse for the Andre 3000-assisted track from Frank Ocean's "Channel Orange" album.
Ocean had initially wanted both Outkast members for the original version of "Pink Matter" but Big Boi reportedly did not want to reunite with Andre 3000 on someone else's track. "I was busy doing my record," said the rapper/record producer, "and we didn't want to commercially release an Outkast song on someone else's album."
Since the original version features only Andre 3000's rhyming skills, Big Boi has had a change of heart and has written the new verse. He will also add a verse to T.I.'s "Sorry" which his Outkast partner had also collaborated on.
Ocean has had a great 2012 capped off with the R'n'B artist's six Grammy nominations for his album. He got nods for Best New Artist, Album of the Year, and Best Urban Contemporary Album, Record of the Year for "Thinking 'Bout You", Best Rap Collaboration with Jay-Z and Kanye West for "No Church in the Wild" and Best Short Form Music Video.
The Grammy Award-winning duo of Outkast won Album of the Year honor for their 2003 studio set "Speakerboxxx/The Love Below", the first and only for a hip-hop group act before they went on hiatus in 2007 to pursue their own solo careers.
More Frank Ocean News
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans