Frank Ocean Drops 'Pink Matter' Remix Ft. Andre 300 and Big Boi
Frank Ocean's remix of "Pink Matter" featuring Andre Benjamin a.k.a Andre 3000 with a new verse by Big Boi premiered on Elliot Wilson's East Village Radio show "Keep It Thoro". Big Boi first revealed news about the collaboration on his Tumblr account when he posted a snapshot of the song's lyrics, hinting that he was writing a new verse for the Andre 3000-assisted track from Frank Ocean's "Channel Orange" album.
Ocean had initially wanted both Outkast members for the original version of "Pink Matter" but Big Boi reportedly did not want to reunite with Andre 3000 on someone else's track. "I was busy doing my record," said the rapper/record producer, "and we didn't want to commercially release an Outkast song on someone else's album."
Since the original version features only Andre 3000's rhyming skills, Big Boi has had a change of heart and has written the new verse. He will also add a verse to T.I.'s "Sorry" which his Outkast partner had also collaborated on.
Ocean has had a great 2012 capped off with the R'n'B artist's six Grammy nominations for his album. He got nods for Best New Artist, Album of the Year, and Best Urban Contemporary Album, Record of the Year for "Thinking 'Bout You", Best Rap Collaboration with Jay-Z and Kanye West for "No Church in the Wild" and Best Short Form Music Video.
The Grammy Award-winning duo of Outkast won Album of the Year honor for their 2003 studio set "Speakerboxxx/The Love Below", the first and only for a hip-hop group act before they went on hiatus in 2007 to pursue their own solo careers.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy