The CW Developing 'Vampire Diaries' Spin-Off 'The Originals'
A spin-off to "The Vampire Diaries" is officially in the works with The CW planning to introduce the potential new series through a backdoor pilot. The project currently called "The Originals" revolves around the original family of vampires with Joseph Morgan's Klaus as the main character.
The pilot for the potential new series will air as a "TVD" episode scheduled for April 25. In it, Klaus "returns to the supernatural melting pot that is the French Quarter of New Orleans - a town he helped build centuries ago - and is reunited with his diabolical former protege Marcel." Phoebe Tonkin will reprise her role as werewolf Hayley in the said outing.
The Originals led by Klaus first appeared on "TVD" in season 2 and have become major part of the storyline. If the spin-off gets a series order, "TVD" executive producer Julie Plec will serve as the showrunner.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard