The CW Developing 'Vampire Diaries' Spin-Off 'The Originals'
A spin-off to "The Vampire Diaries" is officially in the works with The CW planning to introduce the potential new series through a backdoor pilot. The project currently called "The Originals" revolves around the original family of vampires with Joseph Morgan's Klaus as the main character.
The pilot for the potential new series will air as a "TVD" episode scheduled for April 25. In it, Klaus "returns to the supernatural melting pot that is the French Quarter of New Orleans - a town he helped build centuries ago - and is reunited with his diabolical former protege Marcel." Phoebe Tonkin will reprise her role as werewolf Hayley in the said outing.
The Originals led by Klaus first appeared on "TVD" in season 2 and have become major part of the storyline. If the spin-off gets a series order, "TVD" executive producer Julie Plec will serve as the showrunner.
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21