The CW Developing 'Vampire Diaries' Spin-Off 'The Originals'
A spin-off to "The Vampire Diaries" is officially in the works with The CW planning to introduce the potential new series through a backdoor pilot. The project currently called "The Originals" revolves around the original family of vampires with Joseph Morgan's Klaus as the main character.
The pilot for the potential new series will air as a "TVD" episode scheduled for April 25. In it, Klaus "returns to the supernatural melting pot that is the French Quarter of New Orleans - a town he helped build centuries ago - and is reunited with his diabolical former protege Marcel." Phoebe Tonkin will reprise her role as werewolf Hayley in the said outing.
The Originals led by Klaus first appeared on "TVD" in season 2 and have become major part of the storyline. If the spin-off gets a series order, "TVD" executive producer Julie Plec will serve as the showrunner.
More The Vampire Diaries News
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full