The CW Developing 'Vampire Diaries' Spin-Off 'The Originals'
A spin-off to "The Vampire Diaries" is officially in the works with The CW planning to introduce the potential new series through a backdoor pilot. The project currently called "The Originals" revolves around the original family of vampires with Joseph Morgan's Klaus as the main character.
The pilot for the potential new series will air as a "TVD" episode scheduled for April 25. In it, Klaus "returns to the supernatural melting pot that is the French Quarter of New Orleans - a town he helped build centuries ago - and is reunited with his diabolical former protege Marcel." Phoebe Tonkin will reprise her role as werewolf Hayley in the said outing.
The Originals led by Klaus first appeared on "TVD" in season 2 and have become major part of the storyline. If the spin-off gets a series order, "TVD" executive producer Julie Plec will serve as the showrunner.
More The Vampire Diaries News
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake
- This Picture of Princess Charlotte Snuggling a Bunny at Playdate in Canada Is Just Too Cute
- Here's What Tim Burton Says About Lack of Diversity in 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's What Happens to Kylie Jenner's Number That Rob Kardashian Leaked on Twitter
- First Look at Justice Society of America in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Season 2 Photos
- Tom Cruise Beats the Bad Guys to Death in 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' IMAX Trailer
- The Weeknd Releases New Single 'False Alarm'
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer