Judge Seals Approval in Patrick Dempsey's Tully's Coffee Buyout
Patrick Dempsey's proposal to acquire ownership of Tully's Coffee has officially been approved by a judge after he and his group prevailed in their bid to acquire the Seattle-based coffee chain in a bankruptcy auction. The judge gave the final say on the matter on February 11.
Rival bidder AgriNurture Inc., which is based in the Philippines, filed an objection at the hearing, saying it had offered $10.6 million, more than what Dempsey's group was willing to give, in a combined bid with Starbucks Corp. Judge Karen Overstreet, however, insisted the January 4 auction was fair.
"I've been deeply humbled by the outpouring of support from the city of Seattle and am very proud to be a new business owner in this amazing city," Dempsey said. "We have a lot to accomplish over the next few months and years, and I am excited to now call Seattle my second home."
A 20-year-old coffee chain that has become a Seattle icon, Tully's filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in October and subsequently closed 19 unprofitable locations. Dempsey's company, Global Baristas LLC, won the bid to buy Tully's out of bankruptcy with $9.2 million proposal.
Since winning the auction, he has visited several Tully's Coffee stores to get acquainted with the employees and customers. "Heading to Clyde Hill Tully's now to meet employees and our customers. Very exciting," he tweeted, before adding, "On my way in 20 min to Lincoln Square Tully's. Love this city. Very impressed with all of the employees. On way to Mercer Island."
After the hearing, the "Grey's Anatomy" actor excitedly announced his victory, "We won !!! We won !!! Thank you Seattle ! See you soon !"
More Patrick Dempsey News
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?
- Daniel Radcliffe Plays Corpse on Red Carpet of 'Swiss Army Man' Premiere
- Matthew McConaughey Could Be Your Teacher. Actor Is Going to Teach at University of Texas
- Drake 'Never Stops' Loving Rihanna
- 'Underworld: Blood Wars' Release Date Is Pushed Back to 2017
- Amber Rose on Kanye West's 'Famous': 'I've Worked My F***ing Ass Off'
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby