Katy Perry, Usher, Fun. and More Join Obama Inauguration
A couple of days after Beyonce Knowles, Kelly Clarkson and James Taylor were hand-picked by President Barack Obama to sing at his inauguration ceremony on January 21, more A-listers were added to the line-up of performers. Many of whom are loyal, vocal supporters of the re-elected president, from his candidacy and throughout his previous first term as the country's top leader.
Recent People's Choice Awards 2013 headliner Alicia Keys, new "The Voice" coach Usher, and Candy Queen Katy Perry add luster to the already star-studded inauguration ceremony alongside popular indie rock band Fun. and the cast of "Glee".
Also gracing the special event are musical legends Smokey Robinson and Stevie Wonder, Latino superstar Marc Anthony, R'n'B crooner John Legend, rapper Nick Cannon, country rocker Brad Paisley, hip-hop quartet Far East Movement, hip-hop group Mindless Behavior and the Soul Children of Chicago choir.
Although organizers have yet to announce which artists will play at what events, they will appear at either of the two official inaugural balls that will be held across the Washington Convention Center, along with a children's concert on January 19. The Inaugural Ball is expected to draw more than 35,000 spectators, while a host of other unofficial inaugural events will be held throughout Washington D.C. within the Martin Luther King holiday weekend.
Some of the artists who will appear in the January 21 inauguration have repeatedly performed for the president. Perry joined Mr. Obama on the campaign trail, playing in a handful of rallies. Taylor, meanwhile, has performed in the White House and at the National Democratic Convention last year. Wonder has even written a song for the president.
More Katy Perry News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy