Line-Up and Photo of 'Survivor: Caramoan' Cast Unveiled
CBS has announced the cast of "Survivor: Caramoan - Fans vs. Favorites". Much like "Survivor: Micronesia" which had the "Fans vs. Favorites" subtitle, the upcoming 26th installment will have 10 returning contestants from previous seasons competing with 10 new players.
Among the Favorites/Bikal tribe is Erik Reichenbach from "Survivor: Micronesia". He was one of the Fans from the season and was voted off after giving up his immunity. A contestant from "Survivor: South Pacific" who had a similar fate, Brandon Hantz, will also join the Favorites tribe.
Malcolm Freberg, who finished fourth in the last season, returns for the next chapter. He began filming the upcoming installment just two-and-a-half weeks after being voted off as the two chapters were filmed back-to-back in the Philippines last year.
In the Fans/Gota tribe, there are Miss Missouri 2011 Hope Driskill, racecar driver Julia Landauer, Iraq war veteran Shamar Thomas, and fireman Edward "Eddie" Fox among others.
All of the returning contestants are from season 16 or after. Host Jeff Probst says they do it intentionally, telling Entertainment Weekly, "We realized that we had to make a decision. Do we only bring back our oldest iconic stars, or do we begin to birth new stars."
"And when we sat down with the list and said, okay let's look at the people that we haven't brought back yet, we felt like we had a really good group. And it was a bit of a turning point for us to say, we're now going to look at the next generation of Survivor all-stars."
Dishing on one of the biggest problems in the upcoming season, Probst says, "The weather is a problem. This is a difficult season. The Survivors get pummeled. And there are evacuations. There are things out of the norm that happen this season that will be very memorable. I was on the boat a lot, going back and forth between camps."
He goes on teasing, "There's also some romance early on which continues to blow my mind."
"Survivor: Caramoan" will premiere Wednesday, February 13 at 8 P.M. ET on CBS.
- Andrea Boehlke, "Survivor: Redemption Island"
- Brandon Hantz, "Survivor: South Pacific"
- Brenda Lowe, "Survivor: Nicaragua"
- Corinne Kaplan, "Survivor: Gabon"
- Dawn Meehan, "Survivor: South Pacific"
- Erik Reichenbach, "Survivor: Micronesia"
- Francesca Hogi, "Survivor: Redemption Island"
- John Cochran, "Survivor: South Pacific"
- Phillip Sheppard, "Survivor: Redemption Island"
- Malcolm Freberg, "Survivor: Philippines"
- Laura Alexander, 23, Washington, D.C., Administrative Officer
- Sherri Biethman, 41, Boise, Idaho, Fast Food Franchisee
- Matt Bischoff, 38, Cincinnati, BMX Bike Sales
- Hope Driskill, 23, Jefferson City, Mo., Pre Law Student (Miss Missouri 2011)
- Edward "Eddie" Fox, 23, East Brunswick, N.J., Fireman/EMT
- Julia Landauer, 21, Stanford, Calif.,Racecar Driver
- Alexandra "Allie" Pohevitz, Oceanside, N.Y., Bartender
- Michael Snow, 44, New York City, Event Planner
- Shamar Thomas, 27, Brooklyn, N.Y., Iraq War Veteran
- Reynold Toepfer, 30, San Francisco, Real Estate Sales
More Survivor News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?