Destiny's Child Premiere New Single 'Nuclear'
A day after they announced that they would be reuniting by coming out with a new album and performing together onstage at the upcoming Super Bowl's halftime show, Destiny's Child unveiled their latest recording "Nuclear". Written by DC3's own Michelle Williams, James Fauntleroy, Lonny Bereal and Pharrell Williams, who also produced the track, it is the girls' first recording since their 2004 album "Destiny Fulfilled".
Beyonce Knowles, Williams and Kelly Rowland display their harmonizing skills once again in the new mid-tempo track. Although it's far from being similar with the DC3 big upbeat hits like "Survivor" or "Independent Women", the new song showcases the girlband's familiar R'n'B sound, with a laidback melody and captivating lyrics.
News of the new recording by DC3 was first announced by Knowles in her official website. "I don't think they can handle this!" the "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" singer blurted out, referring to the group's comeback track after a nine-year break for the group which they consensually decided so that each one of them can work on their own solo careers.
"Nuclear" appears in DC3's second compilation album "Love Songs", which will feature their biggest hits like their "Emotions" cover and their early successful song "Say My Name". The compilation album is set to be released January 29, just a few days before their much-anticipated onstage reunion at the Super Bowl halftime show on February 3, where the girls will be performing "Nuclear" after dishing out their old chart-toppers.
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up
- Burglar Hits Michael B. Jordan's Home, Walks Off With Cash and Jewelry
- Report: Katy Perry Is Dating Takeoff of Migos
- 'Titanic' Director Is Sued by the 'Real' Jack Dawson
- Kate Moss' Busty Assets Almost Spill Out of Her Tight Crochet Dress in Cannes