Destiny's Child Premiere New Single 'Nuclear'
A day after they announced that they would be reuniting by coming out with a new album and performing together onstage at the upcoming Super Bowl's halftime show, Destiny's Child unveiled their latest recording "Nuclear". Written by DC3's own Michelle Williams, James Fauntleroy, Lonny Bereal and Pharrell Williams, who also produced the track, it is the girls' first recording since their 2004 album "Destiny Fulfilled".
Beyonce Knowles, Williams and Kelly Rowland display their harmonizing skills once again in the new mid-tempo track. Although it's far from being similar with the DC3 big upbeat hits like "Survivor" or "Independent Women", the new song showcases the girlband's familiar R'n'B sound, with a laidback melody and captivating lyrics.
News of the new recording by DC3 was first announced by Knowles in her official website. "I don't think they can handle this!" the "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" singer blurted out, referring to the group's comeback track after a nine-year break for the group which they consensually decided so that each one of them can work on their own solo careers.
"Nuclear" appears in DC3's second compilation album "Love Songs", which will feature their biggest hits like their "Emotions" cover and their early successful song "Say My Name". The compilation album is set to be released January 29, just a few days before their much-anticipated onstage reunion at the Super Bowl halftime show on February 3, where the girls will be performing "Nuclear" after dishing out their old chart-toppers.
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly