It's Official, 'Jurassic Park IV' to Be Released in 3D in 2014
Universal Pictures breaks good news for fans who have been waiting for the next chapter of Steven Spielberg's dinosaur tale "Jurassic Park". The studio announces that the fourth installment of the popular film franchise is officially underway with a 2014 estimated release date.
"Jurassic Park IV" is set to grace the U.S. theaters on June 13, 2014 in 3D. Further details on the plot are still kept secret, but it is confirmed that the "Lincoln" helmer will serve as the producer alongside Kathleen Kennedy.
The fourth "Jurassic Park" project has tapped "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" scribes Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver to pen the script. The studio is still looking for a director since Spielberg reportedly won't helm the upcoming film.
Spielberg directed 1993's "Jurassic Park" and 1997's "The Lost World: Jurassic Park" based on Michael Crichton's bestselling book. The first movie grossed $914.6 million worldwide, while the second one collected $618.6 million worldwide. In 2001, Joe Johnston helmed "Jurassic Park III", which took in $368.7 million worldwide.
Just recently, it was announced that Universal would re-release the original movie in 3D on April 5 this year. It is also set to be re-released in IMAX 3D cinemas.
- Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts Are Separating After 11 Years Together
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?