It's Official, 'Jurassic Park IV' to Be Released in 3D in 2014
Universal Pictures breaks good news for fans who have been waiting for the next chapter of Steven Spielberg's dinosaur tale "Jurassic Park". The studio announces that the fourth installment of the popular film franchise is officially underway with a 2014 estimated release date.
"Jurassic Park IV" is set to grace the U.S. theaters on June 13, 2014 in 3D. Further details on the plot are still kept secret, but it is confirmed that the "Lincoln" helmer will serve as the producer alongside Kathleen Kennedy.
The fourth "Jurassic Park" project has tapped "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" scribes Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver to pen the script. The studio is still looking for a director since Spielberg reportedly won't helm the upcoming film.
Spielberg directed 1993's "Jurassic Park" and 1997's "The Lost World: Jurassic Park" based on Michael Crichton's bestselling book. The first movie grossed $914.6 million worldwide, while the second one collected $618.6 million worldwide. In 2001, Joe Johnston helmed "Jurassic Park III", which took in $368.7 million worldwide.
Just recently, it was announced that Universal would re-release the original movie in 3D on April 5 this year. It is also set to be re-released in IMAX 3D cinemas.
More Jurassic World News
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3
- Louis Tomlinson and Bebe Rexha Announce New Collab 'Back to You'
- Meek Mill and His Crew Caught Jumping and Attacking Nicki Minaj's Ex Safaree
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set