It's Official, 'Jurassic Park IV' to Be Released in 3D in 2014
Universal Pictures breaks good news for fans who have been waiting for the next chapter of Steven Spielberg's dinosaur tale "Jurassic Park". The studio announces that the fourth installment of the popular film franchise is officially underway with a 2014 estimated release date.
"Jurassic Park IV" is set to grace the U.S. theaters on June 13, 2014 in 3D. Further details on the plot are still kept secret, but it is confirmed that the "Lincoln" helmer will serve as the producer alongside Kathleen Kennedy.
The fourth "Jurassic Park" project has tapped "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" scribes Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver to pen the script. The studio is still looking for a director since Spielberg reportedly won't helm the upcoming film.
Spielberg directed 1993's "Jurassic Park" and 1997's "The Lost World: Jurassic Park" based on Michael Crichton's bestselling book. The first movie grossed $914.6 million worldwide, while the second one collected $618.6 million worldwide. In 2001, Joe Johnston helmed "Jurassic Park III", which took in $368.7 million worldwide.
Just recently, it was announced that Universal would re-release the original movie in 3D on April 5 this year. It is also set to be re-released in IMAX 3D cinemas.
More Jurassic World News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal