It's Official, 'Jurassic Park IV' to Be Released in 3D in 2014
Universal Pictures breaks good news for fans who have been waiting for the next chapter of Steven Spielberg's dinosaur tale "Jurassic Park". The studio announces that the fourth installment of the popular film franchise is officially underway with a 2014 estimated release date.
"Jurassic Park IV" is set to grace the U.S. theaters on June 13, 2014 in 3D. Further details on the plot are still kept secret, but it is confirmed that the "Lincoln" helmer will serve as the producer alongside Kathleen Kennedy.
The fourth "Jurassic Park" project has tapped "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" scribes Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver to pen the script. The studio is still looking for a director since Spielberg reportedly won't helm the upcoming film.
Spielberg directed 1993's "Jurassic Park" and 1997's "The Lost World: Jurassic Park" based on Michael Crichton's bestselling book. The first movie grossed $914.6 million worldwide, while the second one collected $618.6 million worldwide. In 2001, Joe Johnston helmed "Jurassic Park III", which took in $368.7 million worldwide.
Just recently, it was announced that Universal would re-release the original movie in 3D on April 5 this year. It is also set to be re-released in IMAX 3D cinemas.
More Jurassic World News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?