Britney Spears and Jason Trawick Call Off Engagement
Britney Spears has split from her fiance of a year, Jason Trawick. Her representative confirms to PEOPLE, "Britney Spears and Jason Trawick have mutually agreed to end their one-year engagement. As two mature adults, they came to the difficult decision to go their separate ways while continuing to remain friends."
The "I Wanna Go" songstress says in a statement, "Jason and I have decided to call off our engagement. I'll always adore him and we will remain great friends." Jason adds, "As this chapter ends for us a new one begins. I love and cherish her and her boys and we will be close forever."
Britney began dating her agent Jason in 2009. They later ended their professional relationship to focus on their personal relationship. The couple got engaged in December 2011. Rumors of their split started swirling a year later, but it was shut down as the two exchanged sweet messages on Twitter on his 41st birthday.
As the pair called it quits, Jason has submitted petition to be removed as Britney's co-conservator which was accepted Friday, January 11 by Superior Court Judge Reva Goetz. The singer's father James Spears is now a sole conservator of her personal and financial affairs.
Britney was previously married to Kevin Federline from September 2004 to July 2007. They have two sons together, 7-year-old Sean Preston Federline and 6-year-old Jayden James Federline.
More Britney Spears News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7