Destiny's Child to Reunite on Stage at Super Bowl Halftime Show
As if Beyonce Knowles performing alone during the Super Bowl's halftime show isn't enough, she reportedly will be joined by other stars of Destiny's Child, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams (II), for the much-anticipated performance. It's the latest good news for Destiny's Child fans, after the group announced that they're reuniting to make a new album.
According to Us Weekly's sources, Beyonce will start the halftime show solo and will be joined by Michelle and Kelly midway into her performance. The group will deliver a medley of their biggest hits before they break out their latest single "Nuclear", a cut from their greatest hits compilation, after which Beyonce will be left behind to finish the rest of the show.
The Destiny's Child reunion was announced by Beyonce in her official website on Thursday, January 10, saying, "I am so proud to announce the first original Destiny's Child music in eight years!" Both Kelly and Michelle also embarked on their own solo careers during Destiny's Child's hiatus.
"Nuclear" is the first recording of the trio since their 2004 album "Destiny Fulfilled". The track is written by Williams, James Fauntleroy, Lonny Bereal and Pharrell Williams who also produced the song. It will appear in the group's second compilation album "Love Songs", featuring their greatest hits which may include "Say My Name", "Independent Women", "Survivor" and "Bootylicious".
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo