First Look at Philip Seymour Hoffman as Plutarch Heavensbee in 'Catching Fire'
Just a day after an official photo of Finnick Odair and Katniss Everdeen in "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" was released, a new image featuring gamemaker Plutarch Heavensbee in the upcoming film was uncovered. Philip Seymour Hoffman plays the character, looking fashionable as he stands next to Woody Harrelson who stars as Haymitch Abernathy.
The freshly-released still, which is dropped online via Entertainment Weekly, sees Plutarch clad in a very sleek purple suit under a well-tailored long black coat. He appears to be attending a socialite party in the Capitol, where everyone dresses up in flashy outfit. Haymitch, meanwhile, looks dapper in a blue suit as he holds his drink while talking to Plutarch.
Plutarch, in the Suzanne Collins book, is described as the new gamemaker after Seneca Crane was executed. He is the leader of the rebellion movement in the Districts, and also the mastermind behind the plan to break the tributes out of the arena.
Hoffman, who's just been nominated for Oscar's Best Supporting Actor thanks to his role in "The Master", once said of why he was interested to tackle the character. "It was just an interesting role," he explained.
"He's somebody who's part of the revolution, but you don't know it. The idea that somebody would be risking themselves in such an extreme way to join something that's that dangerous because he thinks it's the future... that's interesting stuff, you know?"
According to plan, Hoffman is also expected to reprise his role in "Mockingjay". Commenting on his involvement, Hoffman said he's not so worried about his career after joining one of the biggest movie franchises.
"Things always pass over, you know? I don't know what it will be like. But, you know, I'm not playing Katniss. I'm not in high-profile movies in that way too often, so it usually passes," he stated. "I'm 45. I think it will be all right."
"Catching Fire" is due to open in the U.S. cinemas on November 22.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked