Mike Tyson to Guest Star as Murderer on 'Law and Order: SVU'
Mike Tyson has scored his first major acting gig by signing up to guest star on "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit". This time, the former boxer won't play himself like he did on several comedy series in the past.
Tyson will portray Reggie Rhodes, which Deadline describes as "a murderer on death row whose violent actions may in part be the byproduct of a horrible childhood." Benson (Mariska Hargitay) and defense attorney Bayard Ellis (Andre Braugher) will encounter him during an SVU investigation.
It's unclear when the episode featuring Tyson will air, but the said outing will also have Ed Asner guest starring as someone connected to the investigation.
The 46-year-old former heavyweight champion of the world made a cameo in 2010's film "The Hangover". He also appeared as himself on "Who's The Boss", "Entourage" and "Breaking In". He recently announced to take his one-man Broadway show, "Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth", on a 10-week tour in more than 36 cities across the States.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers