Mike Tyson to Guest Star as Murderer on 'Law and Order: SVU'
Mike Tyson has scored his first major acting gig by signing up to guest star on "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit". This time, the former boxer won't play himself like he did on several comedy series in the past.
Tyson will portray Reggie Rhodes, which Deadline describes as "a murderer on death row whose violent actions may in part be the byproduct of a horrible childhood." Benson (Mariska Hargitay) and defense attorney Bayard Ellis (Andre Braugher) will encounter him during an SVU investigation.
It's unclear when the episode featuring Tyson will air, but the said outing will also have Ed Asner guest starring as someone connected to the investigation.
The 46-year-old former heavyweight champion of the world made a cameo in 2010's film "The Hangover". He also appeared as himself on "Who's The Boss", "Entourage" and "Breaking In". He recently announced to take his one-man Broadway show, "Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth", on a 10-week tour in more than 36 cities across the States.
More Law & Order: Special Victims Unit News
- Seth Rogen's R-Rated Animated Comedy 'Sausage Party' to Join Oscar Race
- Rihanna Regrets Skipping Drake's Party and Letting Taylor Swift Steal the Spotlight
- Olivia Wilde Shares Breastfeeding Photo, Finds New Drinking Buddy in Newborn Daughter
- Twitter Rips Drake for Mocking Kid Cudi's Mental Illness in New Diss Track
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery