Beyonce Knowles Proud to Say on GQ's Interview That She's Powerful
After official cover of the GQ's latest edition is unwrapped, Beyonce Knowles' cover story from the magazine comes out. She worked tirelessly to make her way to the top and did exceptionally well breaking herself out of her shell and becoming a role model for her female fans as a strong independent woman.
"When I was writing the Destiny's Child songs, it was a big thing to be that young and taking control. And the label at the time didn't know that we were going to be that successful, so they gave us all control. And I got used to it. It is my goal in life to be that example," the Destiny's Child member remembers the beginning of her career.
Her hard work paid off as she reached accomplishments beyond most musicians' wildest dreams, but she still found it difficult to fully comprehend how much influence she has over women across the world. "I now know that, yes, I am powerful. I'm more powerful than my mind can even digest and understand," she says.
"I worked so hard during my childhood to meet this goal: by the time I was 30 years old, I could do what I want. I've reached that. I feel very fortunate to be in that position. But I've sacrificed a lot of things, and I've worked harder than probably anyone I know in the music industry. So, I just have to remind myself that I deserve it," she adds.
Beyonce gave birth to her first child, Blue Ivy, with her husband Jay-Z a year ago. The baby gave balance to her never-ending work ethic and helped her see things differently. "I love my job, but it's more than that: I need it. Because before I gave birth, it was the only time in my life, all throughout my life, that I was lost," she explains.
She seems to be perfectly fine juggling between motherhood and work as she has no plan to slow down. She is scheduled to perform at the halftime show of the upcoming Super Bowl on February 3 and release a compilation album "Love Songs" with her girl pals Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams (II). She will also sing at the inaugural ceremony of President Obama's re-election.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March