Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj Attend 'American Idol' Premiere Screening
A week shy of "American Idol" season 12 premiere on FOX, the show was screened for the first time on Wednesday, January 9 at Royce Hall, UCLA in Westwood. All four judges as well as host Ryan Seacrest supported the event, but Mariah Carey chose to skip the blue carpet and showed up inside the venue in a black and white strapless gown.
On the other hand, "Super Bass" raptress Nicki Minaj took time to pose for photographers. Donning a tight neon pink and yellow dress, she flaunted her curve and at some moments puckered up her hot-pink lips.
Ryan and Randy Jackson showed their strong chemistry as they were joking around on the blue carpet, while Keith Urban posed solo. Also coming to the special screening were the runner-up of "Idol" season 11, Jessica Sanchez, and her fellow former contestant Colton Dixon.
Mariah and Nicki were reported to have had a feud during "Idol" audition in October 2012. At the TCA winter press tour in Los Angeles on Tuesday, producer Nigel Lythgoe denied it was a publicity stunt.
"Whatever feuds there have been - and this isn't just between Nicki and Mariah but Keith and Randy as well - are genuine," he claimed. "Whenever you're in this sort of passionate situation, these things happen."
The twelfth season of "Idol" will air on FOX starting Wednesday, January 16.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers