Charlie Sheen Gives $12,000 Check to Cover Justin Bieber Paparazzo's Funeral Expenses
Charlie Sheen gave away some of his money to cover the funeral expenses of a paparazzo that was killed when trying to snap pictures of Justin Bieber's car on New Year's Day. On Wednesday, January 9, the "Anger Management" actor cut a $12,000 check to the family of photographer Chris Guerra.
Sheen explains his action, "A tragic incident like this erases the line between the photographer and the subject." The 47-year-old star goes, "It's an unforgiving moment that begs us all to be human and work as one to prevent this in the future. As parents, we are all not supposed to bury our children. My deepest condolences to the families involved."
TMZ reports that Sheen is a close friend of the late Guerra, who will be laid to rest in a private service on Friday. The former "Two and a Half Men" actor learns that the photog's family has difficulty in raising money to cover the funeral costs, so the star decides to grab his checkbook and make a donation to the family.
Guerra was the 29-year-old paparazzo who was killed when crossing Sepulveda Blvd by Los Angeles' Getty Center and the 405 Freeway as he aimed to take pictures of Bieber's white Ferrari, which was pulled over by police. The cameraman, who was known as a "sweet" guy by his peers, subsequently died after getting struck by a passing car driven by a 69-year-old woman.
As for Sheen, this is not the first time the New York native donates his money to help others. He previously gave $100,000 to a Hermosa Beach police officer's child, who battled cancer. "No parent should have to watch their kid go through that," he said a day before making the donation.
Recently, he also gave another $100,000 check to help Lindsay Lohan pay her massive tax bills. Sheen was a bit disappointed when the troubled actress didn't thank him immediately. However, she eventually sent him flowers and a note to thank the actor for what he'd done.
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic
- Move Out Rihanna! Drake Wakes Up Next to 'the Most Beautiful Woman' After His Birthday Party
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer